You can type here any text you want

Refreshing engine suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beast_TR

Thinking about taking my engine out and having the heads gone through and ported and was thinking if I should go ahead and have the bottom end gone through as well and maybe swap out the pistons. I don't want to get crazy just yet but I think it could use fresh bearings and maybe strengthen it a little. So what would you guys do if you had your stock motor out? It has 130k miles on it and I am not to sure of the history on it.

I did the samething that your doing and changed the crank rods and pistons, so i can throw almost anything at it and its bullet proof, so in the future if i want to make more power i dont have to worry about the internals flying to pieces.

Yeah I would be doing the timing chain and valve springs while it is apart. I eventually want to go through and make it bullet proof with the girdle, crank, rods, pistons, ect. but for now I was just thinking of doing the middle bearing caps, pistons, and bearings.

Back