Refurbishing my rims.

383 Buick Regal

When i bought my car it cam with american racing rims, that made the car look like it was a muscle car.But the paint was kind of chipping.So i decided that i should make them look nice again.But i was woundering if i should use primer then paint it.And what is a good name brand that shoild last a waial.

I have used epoxy paint on cast wheels with great results. You have to media(sand) blast the old paint off for best results. The only draw back is the cost. Last time a quart of same good PPG brand cost me $75.00! and that was enough to do at least 20 to 25 wheels. I have one car I did about 15 years ago with laquer paint but I dont know how durable it is as I haven't driven the car in any snow or rain and it still looks as good as the day I painted them. Whatever you use just dont put to many coats on the wheel.

Eric Fisher

Today i sanded them and am getting them ready for the paint. Why is it that you cant use primer. Im going too be using rust-oleum with a little bit of paint thinner.Ill send you pics of the wheels when they are don.

thanks eric