reliable fast 93 octane chip

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
I was wondering if there was a fast reliable aftermarket chip i could get for my 87 gn. I don't want to upgrade my fuel system unless it is totally necessary. But i want better performance than the stock chip. Also i don't want to run anything higher than 93 octane.

You really need to upgrade your fuel system even with a stock chip. Poor delivery of fuel is the major cause of detonation which is a major cause of engine damage.
Upgade fuel system and do the spring cleaning are the first steps you should do.
To run an after market chip go with a scantool - adjustable fuel pressure regulator - adjustable wastegate - boost guage - 160 stat - k & n - injectors cleaned - then get a chip and turn up the boost!

Originally posted by 87gnstock
I don't want to upgrade my fuel system unless it is totally necessary.

Pleeeeeeeezzz trust us on this. You NEED to update your fuel pump. No questions asked for your engines safety.

ks;)

where could i get a new fuel pump? And would my current ecm be compatible with it?

Check out Racetronix. They have a banner ad on this site. Just keep hitting refresh until you see it.

Your ECM doesnt care what kind of fuel pump you run. You also need a 237 regulator or even better an adjustable unit.

Ramchargers has the Walbro 340 pump kit and makes an excellent 93 pump gas chip. One stop shopping ask for Mike Licht.

Originally posted by 87gnstock
I was wondering if there was a fast reliable aftermarket chip i could get for my 87 gn. I don't want to upgrade my fuel system unless it is totally necessary. But i want better performance than the stock chip. Also i don't want to run anything higher than 93 octane.

Not to come off like a jerk, :) but you REALLY need to read the spring cleaning area of the GNTTYPE page. The upgrade of the fuel system (pump, hotwire kit) is mandatory for going fast. It's one of the first things you should do, period. Put a strong 93 chip in a stock car without tending to the fuel system is a recipie for damage.

okok guys i am going to upgrade my fuel system. I am going to get the walbro 340 and hot wire kit installed somtime next week. Any of yall know a good fuel pump actuator?

"Actuator?" If you mean "regulator" then I'd say that I like the Kirban Billet that I have. Nice piece. There are a few good ones out there, but I like Kirban's the best. You WILL need an adjustable unit to take advantage of the fuel you'll now have at your disposal.

Remember:

Big pump = adequete VOLUME

ADFPR = adjustable PRESSURE

Hot-Wire Kit = adequete voltage at the pump so the volume is there under high loads.