You can type here any text you want

Removing billet cam gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Anyone have an idea what setup this is? Weber?

Attachments

• 1428973453393.jpg
    1428973453393.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 137
Not webber but shouldn't matter as long as the drive gear is in the correct location. File the key and use some black marker to determine the high point when trying to remove the spacer/gear. The marker will rub off when it interferes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well . . .
After a closer look, it was the cam moving in/out of the block. :rolleyes:
Propane torch heat on the gear and spacer had no affect. Jaw puller on the gear is my next option.

Resolved.

Last edited:
I should have taken a picture while it was apart.
It is a flat roller bearing both between the gear/block and a bearing on the retaining screw on cam nose to cover. I was happy to see that. Lol

That sounds like a webber setup, Did it also have a large thick machined spacer/ bearing holder back there? The large flat roller bearing is typically a Big block chevy comp cams piece that works for us with a little help.

That sounds like a webber setup, Did it also have a large thick machined spacer/ bearing holder back there? The large flat roller bearing is typically a Big block chevy comp cams piece that works for us with a little help.
Yes it did. This billet cam stuff is new to me. Here is a pic of the front bearing.

Attachments

• 1429103357040.jpg
    1429103357040.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 95
Are you familiar with checking the cam for thrust clearance once the front cover is on similar to a crankshaft thrust? I try to set it up for .005-.010 thousandths, there are several ways to adjust it but it does need checked. Let me know if you have any questions I will try to help out.

Are you familiar with checking the cam for thrust clearance once the front cover is on similar to a crankshaft thrust? I try to set it up for .005-.010 thousandths, there are several ways to adjust it but it does need checked. Let me know if you have any questions I will try to help out.
Yes . . I am familiar with end clearance . . But have questions. Going to send pm.

Back