You can type here any text you want

Removing EGR...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
My 86 isn't exactly a concourse restoration, by any stretch. The EGR stuff on the driver side valve cover is disconnected. The switch thingy and the other big thingy. What other EGR stuff and get disconnected and removed?

My 86 isn't exactly a concourse restoration, by any stretch. The EGR stuff on the driver side valve cover is disconnected. The switch thingy and the other big thingy. What other EGR stuff and get disconnected and removed?

Sounds like you have disconnected the EGR valve and solenoid. I think that just about takes care of it. Are you going to get an EGR block off plate?

Okay, I figured out where the block of plate goes on the manifold. I removed some stuff which I think is the egr, but wanted to make sure. Take a look at the picture and let me know.

egrstuff.jpg

What did you guys do with the electrical connection from the back of the motor to the egr switch? How about the vacuum line that runs along the firewall to the egr switch? How about the other vacuum and electrical lines?

Thanks.

The 2 items....

in the fore ground, the egr and the egr vac. regulator are the only two items you are referring to, correct? If so, you can put a hose in the vac. line from the check valve to the cruise control/hvac line, which should have another ck. valve in it. Then wire-tie the the connecter to the wiring harness. If you are using an after-market chip, the egr port is probably used being used elsewhere.

P.s.

You were not referring to the items on the right background, the waste-gate solenoid, were you? It is the question, "How about the other vacuum and electrical lines?" that have me asking.

Unplug and cover with tape the EGR connrector plug and leave it. From the vacuum hardline (front of intake) with check valve run new vacuum line to the vacumm tee at firewall. Get a EGR plate but you'll need to make sure it seals since you dont have the EGR hole in the intake welded up. Got it?

Okay, I figured out where the block of plate goes on the manifold. I removed some stuff which I think is the egr, but wanted to make sure. Take a look at the picture and let me know.

egrstuff.jpg

What did you guys do with the electrical connection from the back of the motor to the egr switch? How about the vacuum line that runs along the firewall to the egr switch? How about the other vacuum and electrical lines?

Thanks.

Here is the block off located at FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page.

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

egrstuff.jpg

Thanks.

The item in the upper right hand corner is the factory boost solenoid. That is not related to the EGR.

okay...the item in the upper right hand corner needs to go back in and get hooked up. I need to know where the two vacuum lines that hook to this upper right item go to and from? one was disconnected when I got the car. Thanks.

okay...the item in the upper right hand corner needs to go back in and get hooked up. I need to know where the two vacuum lines that hook to this upper right item go to and from? one was disconnected when I got the car. Thanks.

Yes you need to plug the electrical connection back into the boost solenoid. Are you still using the factory style wastegate on the turbo? If so you will take the line off of the y fitting and plug into the bottom nipple. The top came with a little filter on it.
Here is a photo of the factory turbo lines I am referring to: https://secure.mysuperpageshosting.com/kirbanperformance.com/store/photos/6644.jpg

I am using a factory style waste gate. That just confused me even further, though. could someone take a picture of where the thing mounts to, and where lines come from and go to??

Just went out and checked the compressor side on the turbo. The vacuum line on the compressor side is going straight to the adjustable waste gate solinoid. I think they call this the 'tuner' style of hooking it up, and it's supposed to be pretty slow. Can someone give me some guidance as to how I should properly set this situation up. My spool up is dog slow and I'm trying to get my vacuum lines routed properly. Thanks.

Just went out and checked the compressor side on the turbo. The vacuum line on the compressor side is going straight to the adjustable waste gate solinoid. I think they call this the 'tuner' style of hooking it up, and it's supposed to be pretty slow. Can someone give me some guidance as to how I should properly set this situation up. My spool up is dog slow and I'm trying to get my vacuum lines routed properly. Thanks.

Here you go. Look at the bottom of this page at the Y adapter. I hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I will try to walk you through it and find a picture.

Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

Guys do any of you run the EGR solenoid and just plug the lines? I have a champion intake with EGR removed and FAST sequential system.

Back