You can type here any text you want

Removing stock downpipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gninpa

WHat is the best way to remove the stock downpipe? it looks like the bolts ar pretty rusted on there and it wasnt budging witha normal wrnech(not like i thought it would) also, i found a poston 2-piece downpipe for cheap, are these any good? ive heard they rattle and dont always have the bet fit. are they at least better than a stock downpipe or is it not even worht it?

Spray some WD-40 or PB Blast on the bolts and let it sit overnight. Raise the car as high as you can, and slip the DP out the bottom.

I am currently running a Kirban 2 pc downpipe, with a ported stock elbow. I believe it is similar (if not the same) as the one that Poston's carries. Results may vary, but mine doesn't rattle or suffer from any type of leak. I use Permatex Muffler and Pipe sealer to seal it to the elbow.

My turbo spooled much quicker after installing it. :)

PB BLASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tap the bolts to set up vibration, like the back of the can says, so the stuff can works its way in.

May takes a couple of squirts over a couple of days.

A little heat might help too. You can set that up by just driving the car for a while and getting things good and hot. Stay away from torches if you can, might set you or your car on fire!!! And for God sakes, use gloves.

Hey, PB is good for anything. We keep a can by the bed!!!

:D

Back