You can type here any text you want

Removing the cat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Hey everyone. Well, I ran the new tta at the strip this past weekend and managed a 13.35 @ 98 mph bone stock except for the drag radials. Not bad for a 17 year old car that's been in storage. I have some bolt-ons on the way like cone filter, thermostat, chip, maf pipe, adj. actuator, scan tool, afpr, hoses, ect. But first I was going to try to remove the cat. My question is.... will I see a high boost spike or out of control boost levels buy just removing the cat? The exhaust is stock and did not plan on changing it yet. Just remove the cat for now. Is that something I should do to get the car to breath or do I want the backpreasure for turbo control? Thanks.

Well I put a cutout in the place of my cat on my stock TTA. Saw an increase of about 1-2 psi under WOT. But with the intake open, Nitto Drag Radials, and the open exhauast I ran a 13.1@100 mph without the cip or steel intercooler pipes.

Removing the cat on a turbo car does nothing but help it breathe and spool better. Yes, the boost will be a bit higher since the exhaust will flow freer and faster thru the turbo. Mine ran a 13.3x with no cat and about 18# of boost with street radials, everything else was stock except the plug wires.

Back