Repeat procedure.

Our tracks are already open Adam. If you'd like I can see how much it will cost for 24 valves and keepers to save both of us some cash.

Waiting in a Holley dual inlet kit since Demon and Holley do not interchange. That's all that is needed to test out the 600. I've got a PowerjectionIII system to test out as well It's sweet.
I'm finishing up my Over-all side job by this weekend if all goes well. Then if it does I have another customer that can WAIT becuase I have made up templates to do the rear suspension mod and never have gotten a chance to actually perform it.

Was wondering if you'd had the time to get the rear done yet Adam. Aj's got a few suprises coming out as well. Send him a text and see if he tell you what's up.

Was wondering if you'd had the time to get the rear done yet Adam. Aj's got a few suprises coming out as well. Send him a text and see if he tell you what's up.
Hey guys help me out with the rear chasis mods I need all the help I can get and by the way A.J. is working on a nice project for me cant wait. Mike

No pics right now. I've been testing the 600 I built on the Regal and I'm finished with my report. Even though it is a 600cfm I would still make a few more changes to this carb to be really tight. Low end response is the same as compared to my Demon, Reason: Both carbs have the same size butterflies, and even though the venturi is smaller on the holley it made no difference. Now cruizing the carb is better than the Demon at the moment because I ended up with a jet count of 75 primary and 83 secondary VS 83 primary and 96 seconday in my Demon. It's just what is needed on my setup to acheive an 11.3-11.5 AFR @WOT with these two different carbs. It still needs more tuning and parts to be really Tight. I'd change to Annular boosters in the Holley it has straight boosters now And for that reason I had to block off the HSAB's in the Holley to maintain a steady AFR @ WOT. The stock size is too big and they are non-replaceable. So as for the carbs as they sit the Demon wins but If I change the boosters and modify the HSAB's to be tunable in the Holley it would perform just as nice as my Demon with a little bit better low end response and cruizing habits to boot. The Demon is just killing the Holley in the mid range clear to the top end because it has annular boosters and it's pulling the fuel easier, Mind you I have to jet the carb up large to get it to move any fuel at all.
Right now I'm testing a Powerjection III system. I'll keep you posted.

Adam, you want to loan it to Aj for a little experimenting? He may be able to make it work better for both of you.

There are a lot of variables between these two carbs as they are not the same at all on any level. I am going to get new Annular boosters installed in the Holley for sure. I also used a standard power valve (6.5) in the Holley and not my BRPV that I use in my Demon.

There is a gazzilion Sweet intake manifolds for my Nailheads. 3x2, 4X2, 6x2, 8x2, 1X4, 2X4, Mechanical fuel injection Hilborn, Etc, Blower manifolds by MT. I've even seen awesome homemade intake manifolds out of copper! Man it was Nice. I won't forget the Factory drawthru turbo intake that they used on the Nailhead. Buick's first turbo efforts gross over 800ftlbs and the TH400 could not handle it. :D

Tell me more about that Adam. I don't remember anything about it and the info would be interesting, to say the least.

So the Powerjection III is a nice piece in my opinion, I like the dashboard software, it's easy to setup and understand. as well as being very easy to tune with. The quality of everything is top notch. So how does it work? It needs 4 wires and a good fuel system to work.
You HAVE to have a laptop to use it on anything but a small block v8 PERIOD. It comes with a small block calibration loaded into it.
All in all it works good, really good. But it still has drawbacks Like: a 1:1 linkage, 1/4-20 air cleaner stud thread location. you must use a insulated style base gasket. The rest of the system is flawless.
Compared to a blowthru carb, say like my BG Demon the Powerjection will kill the carb in the idle department up the lower rpms until the torque peak. But at that point and all the time after the fuel delivery is better with the carb for some reason or another, some being to deal with the fact that the carb has two accel pumps, a progressive linkage with the annular boosters. I can actually get more fuel in the engine faster with the carb which is showing with my seat dyno and the g-tech.
I still have the efi on the car at the moment running 17psi. I pulls good but there is a noticeable lag at every stabbing of the throttle to WOT that I'm blaming on the 1:1 linkage and lack of more accel fuel shot which I have maxed out in the tuning software. I was able to cure a off idle lean condition / hesitation with a little more ignition timing. I think if you have the skills and the time to tune a BT carb properly you will be rewarded most. But If your in more of a hurry have the money and don't want to risk hurting your engine and are about more drive-ability than all out power then the Powerjection III is sweet.

I made a small but positive change to the intake plumbing lastnight. Originally it's 6 peices all recycled stuff "sections from a Pontiac G6 and Nissan Frontier". Now I've narrowed to only three peices and it's a lot straighter and cleaner. So now the surging is really reduced after any boosting session mid or part throttle @ any boost after I release the throttle. It actually has better throttle response and spools faster with that small change. Love it. Using a WeaponR air filter. I need a 4 speed bad I'm out of gears fast with a 3.42. I think it's time to jack the car up and mess with the axle.

Has anyone ever tried Predator carbs as a BT? I have heard that they can be used. The reason I ask is I have one that was on my big block and it performed great (a little tricky to tune though). Anyway, Great info warwagon.

Here are some shots of the updated inlet tube.
So I ended up using the Nissan Frontier baffle crossover with the baffles removed and my newest part simply the last 3/4 section of a Ford Focus TB inlet to air box tube. That's it now it hugs the distributor nice but don't interfere it is as straight as it can get to my home made cold air box.
Now I broke my Alt mount last night so I got to go fix that real quick. lol

Attachments

• HPIM0760.jpg
    HPIM0760.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 789
  • HPIM0759.jpg
    HPIM0759.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 767
  • HPIM0758.jpg
    HPIM0758.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 769