You can type here any text you want

replacement seals for Throttle body shaft.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is awesome! I've been trying to figure out what that whistle is for a couple of months now. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by turbowidow
shaft sits in the bore with minimal clearance, when the throttle body see's boost the throttle blade is open, air flows the path of least resistence- should be ok. my only concern would be closing throttle AFTER wot run- air is trapped between tb and intercooler with no where to go.

WHICH IS WHY I HAVE A BOV. LOL

WIKED HOW DO YOU KNOW THE STOCKERS ARE ONLY RATED TO 5 PSI?

YGETV8---When you do your magic on our tb's, do you replace these seals? If so, I won't worry about replacing the seals on my modified tb. Thanks for the great service.

that is what the buick dealer told me when i asked. these seals dont see much psi outwards, but they will suck in air if they are bad.

WIKED HOW DO YOU KNOW THE STOCKERS ARE ONLY RATED TO 5 PSI? [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. What it is all about.

I was trying to figure out what I was going to do.

Rob:) :)

I was measuring my TB and the bore on mine is 16.7 mm and the shaft is .375"= 9.42 mm. These numbers seem to be outside the tolerances of the seal. Were they really hard to drive in. I notice there is a large chamfer in the TB bore to help get the seal in.

<<YGETV8---When you do your magic on our tb's, do you replace these seals? If so, I won't worry about replacing the seals on my modified tb. Thanks for the great service.>>

Actually, I only advise replacement to the customers whose TB seals are in poor shape, then I inform them and let them make the decision if they want the upgrade. If you didn't send me an extra $15, yours must not have been too bad! ;)

Sorry for the delayed response... don't get on here much these days.

Just placed and order with Harwal and the customer service was stellar. They wanted my business name and said they only sold to businesses. But she did it anyhow.

My throttle body is seeping oil out both sides pretty bad so it needs it big time, it has to be leaking vac/boost.

I replaced mine but still have the whistle, even upon free rev. Maybe its time for someone to make a bushing kit for the shaft ends like the carb shop use to sell for quadrajets.

Back