You can type here any text you want

Replacement seat cover experience and opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobooster

I'm getting ready very close to pulling the trigger on redoing my interior as close to factory as I can I've been looking at the seat covers that gbody sells has anyone here bought and redone their seats with these seat covers ? How's the color match and quality ? Just looking for some feedback thanks
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1426730797.197183.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a 87 we4 and have been around and around about this subject. Plenty of opinions on GN interiors but not much on the T's. Here's a link to one of the other discussions I've had.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/correct-gray-seat-covers-for-we4s-and-other-ts.405493/

I never did find out if G-body fixed their piping problem but he never seemed that concerned with it to me either. I got samples from Highway Stars that looked good with the right color piping and I think I'm going to go with theirs.

I'm sure a search will come up with other threads and I must say opinions may differ.

I cannot comment on the color but the style is very similar to the LS seats. If they were made by PUI the fit will be fine. If you are wrapping them yourself, take your time

Attachments

• IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
Thanks for those links provides good pics so basically PUI. Is the main manufacturer which is what gbody parts has ? .... And jax is another option , I checked out jax website but doesn't have a selection for Ttypes or other colored seat covers besides GN ones

It would b nice to see some pics of anyone who has redone them in the ttype grey color and who they came from I didn't know there were a few manufactures out there who make these seat covers any ttype guys here who have done them and maybe have pics ? They are pricey in my opinion but well worth it if fitment and color match is good I would hate to go through the whole return order process would like to place an order once from the right place

I reupholstered the seats in my 86 T-Type about 10 years ago before I sold it, used Brian's seat covers (PUI) and they came out great. It was kinda hard to tell how exact the color was due to the fading of the original interior (blue), it was very close to the stock color though. I did fronts, rears, door panels, carpet, head liner, pack tray, and used the vinyl paint to touch up the dash and center console. I couldn't believe how good everything came out and how much it did for making the car move easily when it was time to sell. As someone before said take your time and pay attention to detail, it was easier for me to only do one seat at a time and use the other for reference. I need to dig out my hard drive to see if I still have some pics of the car....

I have a 87 we4 and have been around and around about this subject. Plenty of opinions on GN interiors but not much on the T's. Here's a link to one of the other discussions I've had.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/correct-gray-seat-covers-for-we4s-and-other-ts.405493/

I never did find out if G-body fixed their piping problem but he never seemed that concerned with it to me either. I got samples from Highway Stars that looked good with the right color piping and I think I'm going to go with theirs.

I'm sure a search will come up with other threads and I must say opinions may differ.

Good idea.......

Thanks guys for all ur suggestions and tips I guess my best bet would be to request a small sample of what they have to sell cloth and piping and go from there so most of u guys with Ts went through gbody? Or jax?

Back