Replacement seat covers to factory seat covers - color/fabric match??

Darkstar72

I am considering just replacing my front bucket seat covers and carpet as the rear seat cover is in great shape. My concern is that if I only do the carpet and front bucket seat covers that they will not match and that the difference will be glaring.

Looking for input how the reproduction covers match up to the factory ones.

Saw a Facebook post on one the TR/GN tech groups and the replacement maroon/claret seat covers they got from PUI did not match factory at all. I guess since my seat covers are not torn I will live with it for now and just have to replace all in one shot when time/money permits. Bummer.

I replaced the carpet in my GN and carefully washed the seat covers by hand. I removed the covers from the foam and soaked them, they turned out great. If yours are in nice shape I would recommend washing them. Also I ended up using the carpet in my other car after I washed it. I put the carpet in the bed of my truck and soaked it with many cans of carpet cleaner and spent like 10 bucks at the car wash. It came out really nice.

The seat covers themselves are clean, but after 82K miles they are thinning in some spots. I would imagine in the next couple of years they will split/tear so I'm just trying to jump ahead of that before it happens.

Here’s a pic of some original gn gray pallex next to the pui. The pui is not even a year old.

Attachments

• 07774AFA-FA8E-4F6C-B92A-8B3721CBF9C8.jpeg
    07774AFA-FA8E-4F6C-B92A-8B3721CBF9C8.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 103
  • 7E4E8E1D-F6A6-4ABE-9161-16D8F28662E4.jpeg
    7E4E8E1D-F6A6-4ABE-9161-16D8F28662E4.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 99