Replacement spring in t-bolt clamp

Roc87

11 Second V6
Anyone sell just the spring for those clamps, or do I have to buy a whole clamp?

I've never been a fan of the spring loaded Tbolt clamps. They just don't make sense to me.

I am kinda curious how you have a spring failure though... You much really push your clamps!! lol

I'm thinking new clamp. If you had a way to know the size, rate, and all that stuff, odds are a spring (if you could find one) would cost more than a clamp with a spring.

Didn't fail, just misplaced it, probably rolled down my drive into the storm drain at the end of the street. I may just leave it off until I can get another clamp. They don't really make sense to me either, by the time you tighten em to hold any real boost, the spring is collapsed anyways. Cheap junk of ebay looks like $5 or so

Right, you have to run them into coil bind to really clamp down on them.... So why have the spring? All I can figure is I'm not fully edumakated on spring type clamps. But I have a pretty good track record with plain ole non spring units.

Yeah, they get pricey quick. I've never found any in stock and it usually takes me a few tried to get the size to work.

Since all you're missing is the spring, see if you can find a spacer at ACE or a real hardware store to act as a shim. Then clamp the crap out of it :D

my local hardware store has a very large selection of springs, you might could find one thats very close

I agree w/earl, lowe's sells buschings for about $2.00. you can get them in 1/4", 5/16th, etc. x 1/2" to 1 1/2" length. Some even longer.

hello people; I've asked this before with those type of clamps. How far should they be tightened? Because of the spring you can always give it more.
IBBY

On the spring type, I would tighten them down until the spring is fully collapsed, then snug them up like normal.