You can type here any text you want

Replacing stock pads/rotors.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

What is a better brand rotor/pad to replace the stock ones? Are ceramic pads hard on rotors because of heat build up? I don't want to go any larger so please don't suggest I do so. :)

I know someone out there has replaced the stock pads/rotors. What worked well?

I'm using Hawk HPS pads and standard rotors. I also added braided lines and the brakes felt much better.

Thanks for the reply. Are you using the ceramic pads? By standard rotors, do you mean stock rotors?

QUIP '6'--Thanks for the link. That looks like a nice rotor/pad combo.

QUIP '6'--That set of pads/rotors will not ship until Nov 21. :eek: I don't want to wait that long.

I have been happy with the perfromance friction Z rated carbon metallic pads part # 154.10 and stock rotors. Very little dust. Also using russel braided brake lines. with fresh fluid and the rears adjusted tight, I have a nice pedal feel. Good enough until I go larger.

I'll see if they make it specific for the GN. I found Kirbans online. I"d like to see if there is any differance.

No difference at all ;)

Kirban's sends you parts when you give them money too. You just have to give them a little more money than Summit :p

Back