You can type here any text you want

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was away for the last couple of days.....jumped in my car and drove down to see the South Idaho guys. Looked at a cool twin turbo car that Shawn Miles has just bought. It still needs to be finished but will make a few people take notice of TR's at the local track when done.

Anyway.......

Likemy6...... I have a 4 bolt 76Q.

Reggie.....the boost is turned up as far as it'll go. When I first started to think I was out of turbo I asked John Estill about it. He ran the numbers for me and by using the compressor map from Turbonetics he came up with a figure that showed I would be finished at 24 psi. And he was dead on. I show 24.2 psia on FAST.

Once I removed the MSD box the miss went away. And I had lowered the gap from 36 down to 32 before doing this just to make sure the large gap wasn't part of the problem. And I had run a larger ground wire which helped for 2 passes but then the miss returned. I can't explain that.

Oh, and when I was in Idaho, Ron Neisler and Shawn took me over to Steve Murdocks house. Steve is a BUICK GUY. He has more Buicks than anyone I've ever seen. They are ALL over his yard. His theory is more Buicks, less lawn to cut...lol.

While we were there he showed us his shop and parts depot. :)
He had just bought a 400 and brand new ATI converter. We started to talk about him wanting to have them in by Vegas...and Shawn laughingly said, "Yep, Vegas 2010". Apparently Steve has too many projects going on (sound familiar?) and agreed to loan me the converter to try. So I brought it back with me and I should be out there right now putting it in. According to ATI it's a "tight 3800" whatever that means. I'll try it anyway.

Chris

Back