You can type here any text you want

Reprogramming 8 position chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

johnsTT

I am currently using the 8 position ultrachip that came with my hot air. I am now switching to an 86/87. Can I get the ultrachip reprogrammed for the new setup, or do I need to get a new chip? If it can be reprogrammed, who would you guys suggest going to? Thanks for the help.

If you mean switching ecm's.
The chips are different..
You'll need a chip for the 86-87 ecm.

Yes, it can be reprogrammed....

I put several new programs on my ultrachip....Any of our good programmers can do it. It gets expensive though with all those programms. I put 5 programs on mine....$55 a pop. If you do it, leave the valet program on there, I didn't.

I elected to have programs for future expansion on the chip (with and without Alchy, stock and 50 pound injectors, and emissions chips too). I elected several options on each chip, like lean cruise, anti-theft, high idle RPM, etc.

For me, it was a no brainer, I don't like to bend down there and fool with the computer in my TTA... :)

HOWEVER: All you really need is one good Alchy chip nowadays to cruise the streets and strip with everything set on KILL :biggrin:

So you would suggest buying a new chip and going from there? I haven't had any experience with any chips other than the one I have. Who would you suggest? Thanks.

The chip removes very easy from the base
What size injectors?
If they are 37 lbs, I have a Casper's 8 postion chip for 87 ECM I moved up to 009's

Back