You can type here any text you want

Req: TTA 1/24 Scale Model pictures.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hi all
Has anyone built the 1/24 scale TTA model kit? If so can you post a picture. I believe this model kit has been discontinued for over 12 years, but is available on E-bay. I wanted to determine if the look is worth the $35 + this kit goes for.

Thanks

I went ahead and purchased the AMT ERTL TTA model kit. My mindset is to get as "anal" as I can get without feeling heat from my significant other. ;) For the most part the model kit is pretty accurate. There are some descrepencies..my biggest complaint is that they didn't include a front fender "Turbo Trans Am" decal...eventhough the box clearly shows the correct one. Some of the gauge cluster/steering wheel puttons are slightly off in therms of detail...I think they includes some parts (extra) from the KnighRider car. There are some extra parts. The tires (and box) description clearly state Gaterback "Z" tires...but the tires are VR-50 (probably a carry over of the mid 80's Corvette tires).

I did a quick once over with Gloss white on the frame and undercarriage--I still have a ways to go with final details (esp engine compartment/hoses ect...) I am planning to fabricate a lot of the engine compartment smog equipment stuff....but for the most part the "overall" look is there. I am happy with the kit and will post pics as soon as completion.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/dmaya...mayans77/lst?&.dir=/TTA_Model&.src=bc&.view=t

I have a few of the AMT-ERTL models. They all had the factory "badge" decals in them. The kits that I have are #6932 and were / are sealed boxes. They are 1/25th scale.
The better deal, if you can find them is the Monogram kit # 2905. This is a hardtop version with all the right stuff, including the decals. I will forward pictures of the boxes (so you know what they look like) and a couple of the models assembled. The hardtop doesn't have the decals on it yet,but it will soon. Hope this helps. By the way the monogram kit is bigger at 1/24 scale. Turbota

FINISHED!!!!

I will post better pics later. When I stuck it in the case...it was in process of completion (wet paint). My next challenge is the Buick GN.

Back