Resto In progress

Brad_H

The start
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good luck and keep us posted. I have an 85 that needs mild refreshing and an 87 that needs a frame off. Look forward to your updates!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Did you have to modify those headers, if so which one did you buy? there is a few kinds that look alike on ebay.

Also did you have to reinforce the body before removal? Sections of my floor are rotten so i am not sure if it needs to be reinforced or fixed before the body is removed.

Did you have to modify those headers, if so which one did you buy? there is a few kinds that look alike on ebay.

Also did you have to reinforce the body before removal? Sections of my floor are rotten so i am not sure if it needs to be reinforced or fixed before the body is removed.

Not to hijack this thread but...... If just sections of the floor are rotted then removal of the body should not be a problem. I wound take some measurements and monitor them during removal though. If you have a situation like mine where the floor, tunnel, and door thresholds are rotted reinforcement or replacement might be in order before removal.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Haven't yet but ya you need to modify them a little. I'm thinking about cutting the middle out and adding a stainless flex piece in to make it look factory a bit on the up pipe.........there speed daddy headers. There is a thread here!!!

Also I did floor pan when car was still driving......so ya, no need to lift off of chassi

Not to hijack this thread but...... If just sections of the floor are rotted then removal of the body should not be a problem. I wound take some measurements and monitor them during removal though. If you have a situation like mine where the floor, tunnel, and door thresholds are rotted reinforcement or replacement might be in order before removal.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Here's the link for the headers......will need to cut cross over pipe shorter.....and modify up pipe. You could remove the turbo tie down bracket but still the turbo will be crooked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACING-TURB...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a5df4dc3&vxp=mtr

O ya make them a offer don't pay what they want....mine cost $200

Thanks for the info, how the heck to they develop headers and they are way off? Did they even check them at all?

I am going to be going down the same road as you with a frame off. I just know nothing and have to have the body work and painting done. So first order is the floor pan so i can remove the body and have the frame done. I will then start building the frame and move on from there. Long term project.

Thanks for the info, how the heck to they develop headers and they are way off? Did they even check them at all?

I am going to be going down the same road as you with a frame off. I just know nothing and have to have the body work and painting done. So first order is the floor pan so i can remove the body and have the frame done. I will then start building the frame and move on from there. Long term project.
Just keep at it and don't give up.I only bought my car 4 months ago :)

Judging from the background in the pic, you know what you are doing. I however, don't. I am more worried about the fact that it is a T-Type and not a GN. I worry about putting money into a car that doesn't have the same resale. I plan to keep it and this is not for selling. But that is a major consideration for one day.

Judging from the background in the pic, you know what you are doing. I however, don't. I am more worried about the fact that it is a T-Type and not a GN. I worry about putting money into a car that doesn't have the same resale. I plan to keep it and this is not for selling. But that is a major consideration for one day.
It's still a nice car.....heck i even restored my 92 s10.....if your going to keep it then have some fun....still can be fast but half the price GN....I'm a noob with GN but am mechanically incline
image.jpg

I need a 3 inch stainless steel downpipe.....not really wanting to pay $650 for one

Very cool, I am very good mechanically and electronically. I have no interest in bodywork. So this i will have farmed out. I guess you are right, its more about the journey than anything else. Considering the production numbers of the T-Type were so much lower you would think it would help. But everyone loves that GN badge.

Also yep the down pipe is very expensive but what are the alternatives?

Y
Very cool, I am very good mechanically and electronically. I have no interest in bodywork. So this i will have farmed out. I guess you are right, its more about the journey than anything else. Considering the production numbers of the T-Type were so much lower you would think it would help. But everyone loves that GN badge.

Also yep the down pipe is very expensive but what are the alternatives?
You just never know....value could go up for all of us

A used downpipe :p