You can type here any text you want

rice vs. my dakota

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mygrain

unregistered
theres a guy with a silver VW gulf who works next door to me at a gas station. it your typical ricer with rims, fart can, rubber band tires, you get the idea. I drive a 98 dodge dakota 4x4 with a 5.2 magnum. i get out of work at 6;00 and as i pull out the front gate i come up to a red light. im just sitting there minding my own beeswax when he starts farting his "folgers cat back" in my general direction. i look over at him and and throw a few revs, he nods and points forward, i nodd back. i know for a fact that theres a cop sitting just past this little office building and i love pissing off rice. i act like we're gonna race by brake torquing it a little. the the light turns green and this guys takes off with his fart can singin and i just take off slow like usual. a couple seconds later there is a red and blue light show that would make santa claus proud and the rice is on the side of the road with his four ways on. he flips me off as i drive by. im just happy singing along to the gwar on my cd player and laughing at the poor rice boy:D who are you gonna brag to if you beat a 4x4 pickup truck, i mean come on:rolleyes:

Ricers have no class and will race anything they think they may have a chance to beat. They probably post kills on school buses:rolleyes:

it was really funny seeing the look on his face though. school busses.......now thats comedy:D

hmm, this sounds disturbingly familiar. one night i was in my friends stock 00 civic ex and we got frontline next to some dude in about a 96 civic hb but dont know what kind it was. it had three dudes in it and he had at least exhaust cause he started revvin at us. i looked at my friend and said hey, run him. he didnt want to but finally after a little persuasion he gave in and got ready. light went green and vroom...were off and rev happy kid is back at the line. we tore him up and laughed and then i said to my friend "hey you know what would suck, if he saw a cop and thats why he didnt go" we laughed again just as my friend says "hey, this guy is on my butt." just as i look in the rearview i see him hit the lights and it was a cop! he was right behind us the whole dad gum time! even at the light!! anyway, the guy was with a partner and they were jerks and started even harassing me for my license and asked where we were going in such a hurry. my friend said "were we going that fast?" the cop laughed and said, yeah, try 75-80! with that i started getting a little mouthy and laughed obnoxiously loud and said, "wow, i never knew a stock civic could go 0-80 in 6 seconds, pretty good driving dude!! then the other cop went to the front, saw we had no license plate, and all they could do was give us a fix it ticket, no proof of speeding (not behind us long enough to pace us, plus we were accelerating, no radar) we didnt squeek tires, no wreckless manuvers, nothin, they just told us to go slow and put back on the plate. so after that we drove around the rest of the night showing off our ticket telling everyone without a front license plate that they need one and are in violation of cvc 5500 or something like that, it was funny, but now we always always look for cops, and if someone is being a punk and we see something with red and blue that they dont...its time to rev.

YYou know.... most VW owners dont rice out their cars. I want a GTI with the Turbo 1.8 for my daily driver when I graduate. There is a VW club here in Ohio that i am a member of and they all hate ricers to. Its kinda funny in a way. That guy would get no repect form his own crowd.

Kyle,
Why do you want a VW with a turbo 1.8? I'm not slaming you or anything, I just don't see the attraction. VWs are very good cars, built well, good engineering, but i just don't get it.

What does a turbo VW golf cost, $28,000? I could buy a new z28 and my grand national for that.

I can think of many other cars I would want before a golf. I mean, I have a turbo economy car, but I bought it used for a daily driver. Its a 95 talon TSI. It can run 13s with minimal mods, handles great, and looks pretty good.

What does a golf have. Box like shape, costs a fortune, Box like shape, costs a fortune to get repaired, Box like shape, costs a fortune to get parts.

OK, I slammed the Golf a little, but still I am asking a real question. What is the attraction?

my comuter in harsh weather, or in case my black and white 10 sec t types arnt ready,

getting even more off topic, when i grow up and have a WE4 that runs 10's and a white t type that runs 10's, my daily driver will be a first generation DSM (eclipse, talon, laser) AWD turbo that will run 12's or 11's, or somthing of that nature. ever since i saw this 45 y/o white guy in a blue 91 eclipse w/ a fat front mount intercooler and no rice (IE ATR exaust, 3 inch tip no chrome, and just some wider wheels and tires) i have really become a fan. the guy said he was running 19 lbs of boost and running high 12's-low 13's. they look like fun little cars to throw around, and i bet the 4 banger gets pretty good gas miledge. another bonus, they are kinda on the down low, the first generation DSM's are not THAT big w/ the rice crowd, so i wont see a whole bunch of em w/ clear tail lights and dorky lookin body kits drivin around!;)

rice vs my Dakota

Originally posted by Super6
Ricers have no class and will race anything they think they may have a chance to beat. They probably post kills on school buses:rolleyes:

Thats the best iv'e heard yet!!

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Kyle,
Why do you want a VW with a turbo 1.8? I'm not slaming you or anything, I just don't see the attraction. VWs are very good cars, built well, good engineering, but i just don't get it.

What does a turbo VW golf cost, $28,000? I could buy a new z28 and my grand national for that.

I can think of many other cars I would want before a golf. I mean, I have a turbo economy car, but I bought it used for a daily driver. Its a 95 talon TSI. It can run 13s with minimal mods, handles great, and looks pretty good.

What does a golf have. Box like shape, costs a fortune, Box like shape, costs a fortune to get repaired, Box like shape, costs a fortune to get parts.

OK, I slammed the Golf a little, but still I am asking a real question. What is the attraction?

Well I think you a little wron on the price. Last year I was thinking of leasing ine when I had a really good co-op thing going with a nice company doing engineering work, but thanks to the great republican Economy it they had to cut their program. Well anyways a GTI with a 1.8T, 5 speed, sunroof, 16" wheels, leather interior, heated seats and all the other little cool stuff that VW had was only $24,500. Which isnt a bad price, plus you have to consider other things that come with owning a car, insurance is way cheaper for a 21 year old, maintenance on a new car is very little with their nice warranty package, and gas milage. Alll of which are important to me. Plus I know they last a long time like some Hondas do, but without the "ricy" image of a honda or toyota or other such car. Also I am not a big fan of any of the 4th gen except the Ram Airs of any year or the newer SS. I like the LS1, but not a big fan of the interior or looks. I guess Some things are subject to personal judgement. BTW I think the price you are thinking of is something like the Jetta or maybe the Passat?

Kyle,
Thanks for the reply. I understand your logic. I keep forgetting about insurance. I'm 30 years old and the Turbo Talon is only about $1400 a year full coverage. When I added the buick it went up to $1600 a year for both cars.

My brother was 25 when he bought his 97 camaro SS vert. I think he put $10,000 down and owed $12,000. His insurance was more than his car pament. Something like $310 for ins and $290 for payment. He had a lot of tickets. It has gone down quite bit since then.

I will agree that VWs are nice cars, but IMO I think you pay too much for what you get.

theres plenty of vw rice where i live. mostly regular 4cy golfs and a couple of jettas that look like space ships. my sister has a 99 wolfsburg and its a nice car, but its far from being fast. she had a beetle that got stolen, that was a little quicker but was still slow. the gti is pretty sweet, the turbo and vr6's

Yes, but guys its going to be a daily driver. I want something that handles well and is quick... not fast. Why would I be worried about having a fast car when I have a 3.8T in the garage?

vw's aint so bad

a guy i know has a new turbo beatle, black on black. he had a little work done on it, not alot, chip and turbo i think, and he has a really cool gauge pod that sits on the dash that matches the interior, he has rich/lean and boost and the last one is empty. the car runs 13.6, fwd but he is thinking about adding a vr6 motor or somthing like that and the awd system from the TT, because they are on the same platform! its a pretty sweet sleeper.

i saw one of those in a car and driver or road and track magazine, it was cool. it has the awd system, a turbo something engine, porshe wheels. it was the coolest beetle ive ever seen:D

Hmmm, $24.5k for the 1.8 T Golf !?! My friend just picked up a new 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg. 8-speaker Monsoon system with trunk mounted 6-disk, 1.8 T - 5-speed. Nice 16" wheels, all around a pretty nice car (fast it AIN'T though). He wouldn't tell me the exact price, but said "not much over $20k" I tried doing some research, and I think you can get a new leftover for $20-$21k or so. Not cheap by any means, but a good car with a good warranty and GREAT resale.
Would you consider the TDI? I almost got one until I found out the deals on my new Olds Alero (under $14k out the door). The TDIs are great, 50 mpg, $18k, and hella-cheap insurance. And yeah, who needs a fast "daily driver" with a Turbo Buick in the garage?! ;)

DONT bash VW. They are great cars and alot better quality than alot of stuff out there. They look great and the VR6 sound great. My DAD has a TDI and the thing is amazing on gas. He drove from here in Winnipeg to Calgary (14hr drive) and it only cost him 45$ in fuel. Thats pretty much just a tad over one tank! VW Gulfs are not ment to be fast. There ment to be peppy with good gas milage. If you want a fast VW, wait a couple years for that w12 engine car or their 400 +HP suv. But dont bash VW. Its a little pricy, but you get excelent quality for that price.

i know im not bashing volkswagons, i happen to like them. i have never seen a liquid cooled one that i thought was fast, though. my sister has a 99 wolfsburg jetta, and that was to replace her beetle that was stolen.

Back