You can type here any text you want

Rick's SS Fuel Tank - Anyone got one?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Rick's Rod Shop makes SS gas tanks for our TR's. Understand they are mounting Aeromotive A1000 INSIDE the tank. Anyone got one of these tanks?
Conrad Carter

alphaenvirmgt said:
Rick's Rod Shop makes SS gas tanks for our TR's. Understand they are mounting Aeromotive A1000 INSIDE the tank. Anyone got one of these tanks?
Conrad Carter

Yup............... :D

Three sources of info.:
1. Jack Cotton @ Cotton's Performance (see my signature)

2. Rick's own web page:
http://www.rickshotrodshop.com/musclecartanks.htm

3. Jegs Web Page...they don't list a tank for TR but person at Rick's told me they do make them...search for "Rick's Stainless Steel Fuel Tank" or P/N 781-4001 (2nd generation Camaro tank P/N).

Conrad

Guys and Gals,
Just talked with Jack Cotton...he has put one of Rick's tanks in a customers car. The tank (no pump) weight about 70 lb! Plus, the sumped tank costs $8-900 and the tank that mounts the Aeromotive A1000 and 100 micron pre-filter inside costs $1250 (does not include cost of pump or filter). Not cheap by any means but it is a TRICK piece. The sump is designed to keep fuel in the pump from ALL directions...even backward (slam on the brakes)! Jack also told me they are powder coated black from Rick's.
Conrad

1250!! Holy crap!! My whole fuel system cost that much,
Trick peice it is,But Damn.

I\

I've got one - one slick piece. It's sharp as heck and will outlast the rest of the car plus no worries of rust. I had a custom pickup made instead of the in-tank pump. -08 SS pickup out of tank going to a Weldon pump mounted above the tank. I didn't weigh the thing, but there aint no way it was 70#s without the pump - maybe 45-50#. Call Ricks directly and ask for Hector.

Conrad Carter
Hey Conrad, I have one installed in my car, Jack and Brian are the ones who installed it along with all of the other work done to the car, Hector at Ricks hotrod is who I dealt with and a great guy to work with always answered the phone or got back to me in a timely manor. hope this helps. Jr.

Got one for the E85 GTO and it's a beauty alright. Got a good deal through a club on a baffled sump for external at $900 shipped. Came with stainless straps and got the drain at no charge. Float isn't that accurate but I don't drive it that much so I just fill it up when it gets to a 1/4 tank. -12NPT outlets and -8an returns came on mine but IMO don't go any smaller than -10's and -8's.

Hector is a good guy and I cleaned mine out with gas just to make sure there wasn't any metal debris inside ( was a little ).

Attachments

• Stainless Fuel Tank 2.jpg
    Stainless Fuel Tank 2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 191
Guys,
Thanks for the info. What is the cost for the TR unit?
Conrad

I think it runs around 800-900 without the pump ordering directly from Ricks. It does come with the filler neck and SS straps and hardware.

Back