You can type here any text you want

RideTech Is In, More Problems??? (Rear)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

Ok as some of you know I put the R/T Suspension in and have some different problems; Tire still Rubs (just Drivers Side), If I push on trunk car hardly moves up and down, also I tried to adjust the spring adjuster and the car raises up but in a few min it seems to go back to original ht. The spring adjuster dsnt move just the car slips back down....Here are some pictures rear end 003.JPG

Attachments

• rear end 005.JPG
    rear end 005.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 178
  • rear end 006.JPG
    rear end 006.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 193
Looks to me as tho the springs are too short..Adjuster is all the way to the middle of the threads.
Also, if the car keeps settling after an adj, it could be insufficient spring rate, and they are settling.

What rate spring did you get with them it should be 200lb'ers Which i'm fairly sure Scot is using and Darren at Ridetech told me to use. I think the rear springs are 12" long also.

What rate spring did you get with them it should be 200lb'ers Which i'm fairly sure Scot is using and Darren at Ridetech told me to use. I think the rear springs are 12" long also.
Correct! The rear spring should be 12" long and also show 200 engraved or written on the outside of the spring coil... Lay under your car and take a look at what number is on the outside coils of both springs and let me know.

Something else has to be wrong here as I have the exact same shocks on my personal car and the adjustments stay put... The springs will settle just a tad but I kept adjusting and it ended up where I wanted it.

Regardless of what is happening, Ridetech & I will get you taken care of beginning Monday.... Please give us a call Monday and we will go from there..

Well I know for me colliers wasn't the end to my tire rub issues. Due to old body bushings and lower trailing arms I had to go to a smaller tire for now.

kid, Thanks for that info, I also think your onto something. Bringing car to the suspension shop at 9am let him figure it out... the car also sits uneven I noticed

Man that looks odd, my only guess would be a moving upper mount location, but that car does not appear to have any corrosion issues.

Back