RideTech's NEW "StreetGrip" suspension install

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Okay guy's here is another install by us and the great crew @ RideTech. They recently came out with an entry level line of suspension for people who didn't want to brake the bank in order to get a real nice ridding car and upgraded suspension and it's called "Street Grip". They have installed this Street Grip G-Body suspension on a Cutlass & Monte Carlo SS so far but then contacted me cause they wanted to install one on a turbo Regal which was a Great idea since the cars DID Vary a little bit and we found some variances between them. Together we do this so your install goes flawless and to give us all the information we need to help you guy's in the event you have an issue.

*** Here is the good Part, The whole suspension for only $2,500.00! And for a limited time we will do FREE SHIPPING & Free hat or shirt...

So enough with that stuff let's get started showing you the install.

We started with Donnie Brooks T-Type - Pictured below is a BEFORE Picture:
our digital pictures 737.jpg

We arrived at the RideTech facility:
4566_1507691_745788168834061_5118579135511916137_n-edited-1-744x450.jpg

Once arrived we unloaded the car and immediately we pulled the car in the garage and measured the ride height of the car front & rear. Then we scaled the car to get scale weights front & rear. Plus the car was driven around RideTech's Test Track for some before & after video on how the car handles. (Video of that soon to come )
unnamed (5).jpg

Fender Lip to floor @ wheel center measurements:

DF - Before- 26 1/2" / After- 24 3/4" --- PF - Before- 26 7/16" / After- 24 3/4"

DR - Before- 27 1/2" / After- 24 9/16" ---- PR - Before- 27 1/2" / After- 24 11/16"

Corner Weights:

DF = 959 - PF = 952 ................ Total Front = 1911 ............ % = 57.1
DR = 712 - PR = 723 ................ Total Rear = 1435 ............ % = 42.9....... Total Weight = 3,346

Here is the box that the entire suspension comes in, another box comes with the 2" Drop spindles
unnamed (7).jpg

Below shows everything included:

4 - Single Adjustable shocks
4 - Variable rate coil springs
2 - Sway Bars (Larger Than Stock) with mounting hardware and new bushings
2 - 2" Drop Spindles
1 - Bag of New Delrin upper & lower front A-arm bushings
2 - front Tall ball joints

unnamed (8).jpg

Here we done the rear, very simple swap with one "Note" mentioned below: Some may question why the shocks are mounted upside down, well it's simply easier to reach the knob for making shock adjustments. Don't worry about rock chips dinging the shaft cause the seal isn't at the end of the shock body so they won't leak. If so there is a Million Mile warranty so if for any reason they do, they will be taken care of.
finished rear suspen.jpg

"NOTE" In the instructions they MAY instruct you to install a small aluminum 1/2'' spacer between the shock mount & the lower shock bracket on the car. This small spacer IS "NOT" NEEDED on the turbo Regal's as it may have been necessary on the MCSS and the Cutlass. Once you install the top of the shocks to the upper you will see that the shock sits Perfectly against the lower shock mount. Simply use the included hardware and bolt them in so they look like the image below...
lower rear shock mount.jpg

Now onto the front install. Removing & replacing the ball joints & Bushings will be the worst of this install. Once you're past that it's easy sailing.

Here the upper A-arms were cleaned and the ball joints & Bushings installed.
Aarms cleand and tall ball joints installed.jpg

Once all the bushings & ball joints are installed in the upper and lower A-arms and installed back on the car it's time to install the new 2" Drop spindles. NOTE: These new drop spindles have a gusset on the back of them that interferes with the OEM stop on the lower A-arm.

*** You MUST mark and cut off the top portion of the OEM stop on the lower A-arm otherwise you will NOT have full turning radius.

** Here it shows the mark we made on the stop for removal. We followed the contour of the lower arm and just removed what was above it.
mark where to cut the front turn stop off.jpg

*** Here we are moving the top portion of the OEM stop with a sawzall.
removal of front turn stop.jpg

NEXT PAGE...

Last edited:
Here the lower stop was removed and the edges cleaned up with a sander. The gusset no longer hits the stop and has full turning radius.

Stop removed.jpg

When installing the front sway bar and you have a Front Mount Intercooler you MAY have to re-adjust your pipes so they barely clear the front sway bar. We had to do this on this car but it was as simple as loosening the clamps in the very front on the intercooler and pushing the pipes "UP" more which pulls the pipes forward more..

front done.jpg

And here is the car after the installation was complete:
unnamed.png

unnamed (3).jpg

Here is Before & After pic's together for better visibility...

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.png

And the most recent one after driving around with the Race Tires & Wheels on...
unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! What does this kit cost and when is it available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As posted in Bold white at the top of this page the kit costs $2,500 with Free Shipping and your choice of a free hat or t shirt right now... The kit has been available for a month or so now..

Last edited:
Scot, not sure if it's just me but anytime you post in white or yellow, it's nearly impossible to see against the white background of the app on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As posted in Bold white at the top of this page the kit costs $2,400 with Free Shipping and your choice of a free hat or t shirt right now... The kit has been available for a month or so now..

Sorry for asking, but, on the Tapatalk app none of that shows up.

Scot, not sure if it's just me but anytime you post in white or yellow, it's nearly impossible to see against the white background of the app on my phone.

Thanks for the heads up! I need to find a color that stands out that can be read in Tapatalk... Can you see the "Light Green" in my signature?

Thanks for the heads up! I need to find a color that stands out that can be read in Tapatalk... Can you see the "Light Green" in my signature?
Wouldn't matter because we can't see signatures on Tapatalk. At least, I can't.

Very nice! What does this kit cost and when is it available?

Sorry for all the White highlighted stuff, Everything should be all fixed now..

The kit costs only $2,500.00 and it's available right now with some added cool Swag!

Last edited:
I’m really interested in the street grip suspension. Few more questions. Do you recommend aftermarket front a arms. I figured the ones on the car are old technology so new ones might be better. Also I’m looking at upgrading my wheels in the future to maybe 17 or 18 inch any issues? I would like to keep my budget to around $2500 to $3000. My car is just a street cruiser not a drag car. Just want to improve the stance and drivability

I’m really interested in the street grip suspension. Few more questions. Do you recommend aftermarket front a arms. I figured the ones on the car are old technology so new ones might be better. Also I’m looking at upgrading my wheels in the future to maybe 17 or 18 inch any issues? I would like to keep my budget to around $2500 to $3000. My car is just a street cruiser not a drag car. Just want to improve the stance and drivability
Hi Jared,

With the StreetGrip system it's designed around the stock arms for the sole purpose of keeping it cost effective. Really once you drive the car with the suspension set up you will Love it!

This is Donnie Brooks Car with the StreetGrip and it also has 17" tires without a single rub since the install was done. He absolutely LOVES how his car now rides. I will do the complete kit Shipped for $2,500
22851827_405983789818929_8377070153602549632_n.jpg