You can type here any text you want

Rim/Tire time!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostymofo

It's about time!
I've finally got the cash for some rims and tires for the GN, and I've definitely decided on Centerline Convo Pros. But I have a few questions.... (I've searched the previous posts)

I'm getting 15x10's for the rear and 15x4's for the front but my question is on the amount of backspacing I should get(I know this has been asked a thousand of times, but I'm asking it again)

For the rears: would 4.5inch backspacing fit (tire will be 275/60/15 Nitto DR)? If it won't fit, any other recommendations?

Fronts: What backspacing are most people with 15x4's running. Also what tire size should I get? (I'm leaning towards 215/65/15, but give me your opinions)

Lastly, I'm gettin the Nitto 555R's for the rear.... What tire BRAND should I get for the front? Does it matter? (If not, i'm just going for the cheapos at Wal-Mart)

Thanks for any help,
David

I ran 15x8 Telestars with a 4" BS. With 275/60/15 BF Drag radials. I think my fronts were 15x3 with a 1.65" BS or close to that. I have pics if you want to see them on the car. Drop a link to your email.:)

Stop by when you get em, I'd like to see your car with the convo pros...

James

On a 10" rim, I don't think 4 1/2" BS would work - you might have some rubbing issues on the 1/4 panel unless something is done to avoid it.

I run the 275/60 15 Nitto on my car (lowered 1" w/ no air in the bags) but with 8" rims, 4" BS. I had to trim the passenger 1/4 panel just a hair and but the other was fine. Tire runs really close to the frame but never touches.
With the 8" rim/4"BS that leaves 4" hanging either way. On the 10" rim with 4.5"BS you'd have 4.5" on the inside, 5.5" on the out side. I think you'd have to jack the rear to clear the 1/4s (which I personally think looks funny).
I know some people are running the 10" rims but the rear has to come up to clear.

Just a thought, maybe someone with that setup will chime in.

Thanks zam70

Anybody out there with a similar setup to what I want?

15x10 Rears
15x4 Fronts

If so, any fitting issues? What backspacing?

There s some new pics on G-BODYPARTS.com with 10" gn wheels with 4.5" BS-take a look.

Back