You can type here any text you want

Rim widening

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Monte231SS

Predator seeking its prey
Im looking for a good company that does rim widening/refinishing. I have a set of steel wheels that i want to widen to 8" from 7". Anyone know a good quality shop out there.

Here: True Design Wheel Ask for Jim Lyon...great guy!

Claude. :wink:

X3

They widened my stock GN rims about seven years ago. They did nice welds, turned them around in a week or so, and the rims ballanced out better then they were to start with. My only problem was that the chrome was a bit thin. On sunny days, you can see right through it.:( Still worth it though. Here's my 8" rears with a 4 1/8" back space.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

P1010008.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Tru Design

They did mine and turned out great. Shipping was a killer, and UPS dropped one of the boxes at the house...
G body parts probably has them in stock, and I think they are done by Tru Design anyway.
If I had it do again, I would just buy them directly from Brian Weaver.

jim at Tru Design widened my 84 / 85 aluminum wheels to 9.5" & they are top notch.

x2 for Weldcraft Wheels, great people to deal with and by looking at it you're a lot closer to them than I was.

Stockton Wheel cuts the center out of the steel wheels you provide, or the company will use its cores, when available. Often a center from a 14-inch rim can be used to build a 15-incher using Stockton's new outer wheel piece.

Thanks guys. I will contact these companys and see whats the best way to go. I have to make sure they can retain my stock beauty rings or it'll defeat my purpose ;)

SpoolinFool... those widened rims look awesome on your car. I love them stock appearing GN's:biggrin:

Back