Rim widening

Monte231SS

Predator seeking its prey
Im looking for a good company that does rim widening/refinishing. I have a set of steel wheels that i want to widen to 8" from 7". Anyone know a good quality shop out there.

Here: True Design Wheel Ask for Jim Lyon...great guy!

Claude. :wink:

X3

They widened my stock GN rims about seven years ago. They did nice welds, turned them around in a week or so, and the rims ballanced out better then they were to start with. My only problem was that the chrome was a bit thin. On sunny days, you can see right through it.:( Still worth it though. Here's my 8" rears with a 4 1/8" back space.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

P1010008.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Tru Design

They did mine and turned out great. Shipping was a killer, and UPS dropped one of the boxes at the house...
G body parts probably has them in stock, and I think they are done by Tru Design anyway.
If I had it do again, I would just buy them directly from Brian Weaver.

jim at Tru Design widened my 84 / 85 aluminum wheels to 9.5" & they are top notch.

x2 for Weldcraft Wheels, great people to deal with and by looking at it you're a lot closer to them than I was.

Stockton Wheel cuts the center out of the steel wheels you provide, or the company will use its cores, when available. Often a center from a 14-inch rim can be used to build a 15-incher using Stockton's new outer wheel piece.

Thanks guys. I will contact these companys and see whats the best way to go. I have to make sure they can retain my stock beauty rings or it'll defeat my purpose ;)

SpoolinFool... those widened rims look awesome on your car. I love them stock appearing GN's:biggrin: