You can type here any text you want

Ripple on Boost datalog

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking for ideas on smoothing out ripple on my MAP signal when looking at datalogs on my FAST.

Someone had suggested installing a nitrous jet.. anyone done this.. did it work.. what sizing?

Or any other ideas..

Thanks

Razor said:
Looking for ideas on smoothing out ripple on my MAP signal when looking at datalogs on my FAST.

Someone had suggested installing a nitrous jet.. anyone done this.. did it work.. what sizing?

Or any other ideas..

Thanks

Where are you seeing the ripple and how much is the deviation? I can suggest several things that may cause it,may or may not be your issue.
- too much pre load on hyd lifters
- valve springs not stiff enough
- compressor surge due to the turbo being too large for your engine combo

Keep in mind...depending on how much the MAP is moving it will affect your tune, especially on the AE tables.

EightSecV6 said:
Where are you seeing the ripple and how much is the deviation? I can suggest several things that may cause it,may or may not be your issue.
- too much pre load on hyd lifters
- valve springs not stiff enough
- compressor surge due to the turbo being too large for your engine combo

Keep in mind...depending on how much the MAP is moving it will affect your tune, especially on the AE tables.

Cam is new 221/221 using the LS1 springs(new) 115lbs seat. Did it also with the 210/205 and LT1 springs100lbs.. So two different cams..

Compressor surge.. possible.. its a 64-1 turbo.. oil seal is about killed. A 67 will be going on it in two weeks before Reynolds.

I was thinking maybe.. maybe.. alky inj cuasing the prob..

Its on a FAST.. any ideas how to post the datalog.. maybe taking a snap shot with a camera?

And I think its affecting my VE tables a little since its playing a little havoc with the WB correction.

Back