You can type here any text you want

Rjc deep oil pan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85turbo T

it's a little v6
I just went to install my new deep oil pan and when i checked the pan to pick up clearance it was a little over 3/4 inch.. I was hopeing to see 3/8 to 1/2 of clearance.. The spacer that came with the pan was about 2" not sure if thats right for a pan with a girdle..Anybody have experance with this,Im not sure if im over thinking this....Thanks for any input..

Tom

I called and left a message when i found the problem but i think they were closed for the weekend..My question was is that how it was designed..

"This will place the pickup precisely where you need it to take advantage of the deeper sump without the aggravating chore of splicing, indexing and welding the pickup tube. This simply bolts on with nothing more to do. Two lengths are available depending on weather or not the motor is equipped with an engine girdle." Quote from their ad

I seen that too,but I think that 3/4" is a little excessive..If I remember correctly the stock pan with the girdle was 3/8"..

Yes, I have had the same issue. I had to Fab a new pick- up tube to get the screen closer to the bottom of the pan. It takes more than an aluminum block to do it right. I also had to machine alot off of the adaptor to get it to clear the girdle on a StageI 4.1 block with an RJC girdle and pan with pick-up extension. Kinda have to modify EVERYTHING on a 750+ engine. Seems like even spark plugs need "tweaking".

Thats what i thought.Im planning to use the spacer that came with the girdle and what came with thw pan and weld them together and then mechine it down to where i want it...Thanks for the help Ken

Tom

The spacer is aluminum and the pick up is steel. Good luck welding them.;) I just added a section of tubing to get the pick-up screen in the right location/depth. Or you can convert to a Duttweiler/TA external line pump cover, and do away with the stock pick-up.

Thanks for your help Ken. I welded the two aluminum spacers together.THe one that came with the girdle and the one that came with the new pan and turned it down to were i was happy,I also had to massage the tube a bit..

Back