RJC Exhaust

NorEaster

May not be the correct thread location.

I have been back and forth about what to get for exhaust for my car for almost a year now. I have bought a few items from RJC and have very happy with their product. I live in Maine where the roads are crap and have dragged a muffler a few times. For these two reasons alone I decided to save up and shop with a supporting vendor who has always pleased me in the past.

Today I get home and am excited to see a big box on my doorstep. I open it up and even the packaging was top notch. Well now it is laying on my living room floor and now my pants are getting tight. THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

Polished tips? Everything but the muffler is polished and that still looks great! I cannot wait to install this. If it sounds half as good as it looks I will be happy.

Attachments

• 2011-07-28_19-02-16_613.jpg
    2011-07-28_19-02-16_613.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 749
  • 2011-07-28_19-11-32_473.jpg
    2011-07-28_19-11-32_473.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 762
  • 2011-07-28_19-11-51_283.jpg
    2011-07-28_19-11-51_283.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 746
  • 2011-07-28_19-12-15_76.jpg
    2011-07-28_19-12-15_76.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 739
hello; I have that exhaust and I'm happy with it. I had it installed by pros and they had some problems with one of the rear pipes but they got it done. The polished tips are nice but I hit them with scotchbright to look more like SS or alum. The tips pick up road dirt from the tires so you'll have to clean them at least once a week. Have fun with it and keep posting.
Now the bike. I rode a RD 350 and I don't know the differance with a RZ but I was more or less a rookie on bikes at the time and I missed a shift and that tech needle flew up past 12 grand in a second.
have fun
IBBY

Bikes

hello; I have that exhaust and I'm happy with it. I had it installed by pros and they had some problems with one of the rear pipes but they got it done. The polished tips are nice but I hit them with scotchbright to look more like SS or alum. The tips pick up road dirt from the tires so you'll have to clean them at least once a week. Have fun with it and keep posting.
Now the bike. I rode a RD 350 and I don't know the differance with a RZ but I was more or less a rookie on bikes at the time and I missed a shift and that tech needle flew up past 12 grand in a second.
have fun
IBBY

The RZ were later models, and Liquid cooled, more of a race bike. Looked way more modern. I am an air cooled fan (no pun intended). Both can be built for big power (well big for a 350), but the RZ can generally make more. They did however, make LC RDs later on. Im just an old skool type of guy.

All of my friends poke fun at me for liking the weirdest stuff, like 2 stroke street bikes and 80's turbo buicks (I'm 25), but once they ride the bike and take a spin in my car, they understand. They just dont make stuff like they used to, nothing has a personality anymore.

hello; If you like 2 strokes find yourself a Kawasaki H2. It's a 750 tripple (as you probably know) but it's scary to ride with the single disk up front and drum in the rear with alot of power. As I said here in the past I still have a thing for a tripple 2 stroke with expansion chambers. Have fun but be smart. Bikes today have cum a long way from those days.
Get that exhaust on and leave the bike alone for now.
IBBY

H2s

hello; If you like 2 strokes find yourself a Kawasaki H2. It's a 750 tripple (as you probably know) but it's scary to ride with the single disk up front and drum in the rear with alot of power. As I said here in the past I still have a thing for a tripple 2 stroke with expansion chambers. Have fun but be smart. Bikes today have cum a long way from those days.
Get that exhaust on and leave the bike alone for now.
IBBY

Those H1s and H2s were crazy. I am more of a car guy, hence the bike is in my living room, and has been for almost 2 years.

When my hooker exhaust goes out on my GN, I'll be calling Jason for this exhaust- RJC products are top notch! ;)

Yes, RJC 3" exhausts for our Grand Nationals/TurboRegals are second to none.....that's what I've got for my '87 Grand National.....the work on this 302 stainless is beautiful.....Jason told me that the system will outlive ME:eek:

Great company to deal with.....let us know how it turned out for you....the pictures of install sure would be nice to see if you came up with any problems.

Mark's of TR Custom Parts exhaust system is great also, and a different sound, too. Has two mufflers instead of one....but still a beautiful set. So pretty that it should be hung in the family room wall....:biggrin:

Bruce '87 GRand National

Great exhaust

I hear great things about that exhaust system. I have an atr pit bull ss exhaust 2.5" that I love but it might be time to sell it and move to this unit. Anyone interested in mine so I can go this route;) Mine has been welded up which makes it difficult to ship though. Guess I could chop suey it. RJC's unit is a great flowing exhaust I understand.

Well I think this makes up my mind what to get,I have been eyein up this exhaust as I need to get rid of my crappy flowmaster system.I didnt really hear any feedback on it before so I'm glad you posted this.Btw what did this cost you with the shipping?I looked on their site,but it says like $159 :eek: didnt presume that was right.

Well I think this makes up my mind what to get,I have been eyein up this exhaust as I need to get rid of my crappy flowmaster system.I didnt really hear any feedback on it before so I'm glad you posted this.Btw what did this cost you with the shipping?I looked on their site,but it says like $159 :eek: didnt presume that was right.

I seen the 159 too when I looked on my iphone. Then checked again on my PC, and saw the 549.. LOL I hate to ask what the shipping to Hawaii is !!!!:eek: