rjc mega coil?????

chris2316

I know rjc is making a mega coil for our cars , just wondering if anyone really has a good explaination of what waste spark is and why it robs power , also is 40hp a reasonable expectation? thanks guys!

The other board also has a thread about the coils. You might want to check it out.

Paul

Hey Chris off topic but im curious why your running that heat sheild around what looks to be an Innovative Airfuel meter bosch O2 . I have had problems myself with the threads getting all whacked up when removing them . I see a MAF on your car so im gonna assume your still stock on the ECM

Galoush I Have Not Had Any Problems With It ! I Love It And It Was Inexpensive ! Try Using Some Antiseeze Next Time !

oh i used plenty of that ( Anti seize) still it came out lookinh like some of the threads were missing , you leave it in all the time or just to tune , i had it in for a while .So anyway whats with the sheild ?

oh i used plenty of that ( Anti seize) still it came out lookinh like some of the threads were missing , you leave it in all the time or just to tune , i had it in for a while .So anyway whats with the sheild ?

My LM1 WBO2 said to use a shield in high heat applications just as Chris has. Seems like it considered high heat above 1800* which you should not ever see after the turbo especially.

And using too much Anit-Seize will cause the threads to get stuck and when you try to remove the sensor or plug the threads will break right off. USe a very small amount with no excess caked in the threads when you install it.

Galoush, The O2 Doesnt Thread Through This Heat Shield , It Basically Fits Like A Washer , Its Not Threaded Through ,,if I Make Any Sense!

Chris got ya on that sheild , i thought maybe the o2 were just made of soft metal and the sheild would help the thread problem i have had i guess its due due to me putting TOO MUCH anti seize on which i did .