You can type here any text you want

RJC plate ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
I just rec'd an accufab 65mm (polished) plenum and TB.

I'm finally starting my build up after many Q's... reading until I'm the poster boy for hooked on phonics, and much help from y'all.

My question is this:

I want to install, but don't have a power plate (that supposedly corrects air to the rear 2).

If I have this non stock plenum, do I still need it? Have no problem getting one if I do. Just don't know if it's still needed with a non stock plenum. If I do need it, I (obviously) don't want to install my intake setup yet.

Thanks again in advance,

Michael:cool:

What was wrong with your 58mm TB?

Turbo has a 2 inch outlet. The bottleneck is there, not your TB.

The plate will improve airflow distribution. Aftermarket or not. Tho the plate for the accufab is different.

Get the car to run mid 11's than start changing stuff. If it doesnt make it any faster leave the stock items on. I hate chasing issues with aftermarket items....

The GM stuff rules.

Yea, I didn't do it for performance gains really. Mostly for cosmetic. I like the way it looks,and think the underhood appearance will dramatically improve with this and other small changes.

So sounds like it's still a good idea to use the plate?

Thanks!

I'll give you $50 for your old tb and plenum if you want to get rid of those old ugly things.

Yeah that worthless junk.. I offer 51.00 :D

Nah, you guys don't want them. Razor told me you pick up at LEAST 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 by changing it to the pretty one.:D

Need the bling bling under the hood.

Polish them rear tail lights.. thats what you'll be showing .. ;)

Haha. Well aside from the other issues i've got the power plate and I would recommend it. The engine seems to run alot smoother with it and have better response when I lay into it. Not too bad for a piece that costs under a hundred bucks.

Back