You can type here any text you want

Rocker Arms and Acorn Nuts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I am looking to buy 2 rocker arms and 6 acorn nuts to fit the heads on a 89 turbo trans am. Alternatively, the rocker arms and acorn nuts off a 1980's GM 3.0 liter front wheel drive car (probably Buick or Pontiac) will work too. I have canvassed the wrecking yards in Anchorage, AK and cannot locate the parts I need.

Does anyone have these parts or know of where I can get them...short of going to the dealer here in Alaska?

Problem with a wrecking yard is the rockers will have 200,000 miles.. not what you want. GM still sells the rockers and fulcrums/standoffs.

The Acorn nuts are disco'd.. if nobody steps up.. I can try and locate a set for ya.

Dealers might have the acorn nuts. The chromer lost a friends acorn nuts / washers for his TTA about a year or so ago and he was able to pick them up at the dealer. They were not cheap though, something like $9 a nut if I recall correctly.

AKTURBOTA said:
Does anyone have these parts or know of where I can get them...short of going to the dealer here in Alaska?
I might have some of the nuts and rockers ut I cant check untill I get home after the 4th of july. Send me PM to remind me

Problem with a wrecking yard is the rockers will have 200,000 miles.. not what you want. GM still sells the rockers and fulcrums/standoffs.

The Acorn nuts are disco'd.. if nobody steps up.. I can try and locate a set for ya.

I am having a heck of a time in locating the acorn nuts and the steel and rubber washers to secure the two valve covers. Do you know where I can get these?

Mark

Let me know how many nuts, washers you need. GM sells the grommets still reasonably. If you want some old grommets.. let me know as well. I have used ones.. better than what ya have nothing :)

Call me at my shop, 727-570-9999 during the day EST.. and make arrangements.

HTH

Julio

Johns Performance has new rubber grommets $10 for the complete set...cheaper then the dealer Product Listing - Gaskets/Seals . I may be going to a local "u-pull-it" yard this Saturday...I pulled 2 valve covers a month or so ago off a early 80's 3L. There was a couple more there...if they are still around I'll pull the nuts, washers and grommets.

-Scott

Johns Performance has new rubber grommets $10 for the complete set...cheaper then the dealer Product Listing - Gaskets/Seals . I may be going to a local "u-pull-it" yard this Saturday...I pulled 2 valve covers a month or so ago off a early 80's 3L. There was a couple more there...if they are still around I'll pull the nuts, washers and grommets.

-
Scott

If you find a driverside valve cover please pick one up for me. I will make it worth your time. Thanks Michael Shields

-
Scott

If you find a driverside valve cover please pick one up for me. I will make it worth your time. Thanks Michael Shields

I'll see if I can find another one ;)
Scott

Back