Roll Cage

8urV8

Hey guys I have been doing a search but haven't really gotten the info that I really need.I want to put a 6 point in the car with swing out bar.Good chromoly what is a good cage for the price. I had one pre-bent for my turbo mustang and installed it,but can't find the man anymore.Any info would be great.

Wizard Racing did the one in my old car. Very nice job.They're located in Holden, La. about 30 minutes from Baton Rouge.

I bought mine from jegs. Gbody kit added the rear bars that run thru the package tray. The also have the weld in swing out bar kit that turns the D/S bar into a swing out style. Did it my self at work, I did have to "Tweek" the door bars at the bottom for my concert door speekers. Ya need tunes for the oil downs!

pm DiscoStu (John), he builds some sweet cages, located in TX too.
I don't think you can get a premade kit in chromoly, mild steel is all I've seen, but I could be mistaken on that.

a1039.jpg

a1036.jpg

a1054.jpg

a1053.jpg

a1052.jpg

a1057.jpg

No kits. Heres why.

Ever car is different, I know that sounds passe, but it is true. If any part of the cage is placed just a fraction off, the rest of the fitment is off. And problems here multiply. And you just can't weld a bad fitting joint. Well, not properly.

I bend them to fit as tight ass possible. the reason pre bent cages don't fit as well is to allow some room for error and room to weld.

Notching good joints, and welding in confined and difficult positions is as hard IMO as the head scratching and bending tubing.

I don't have a jig. And do not really know how to go about making one. :redface:

I hear Ernie Mcdaniels in Florida has a nice prebent kit though. Stay away from that Summit crap.

No kits. Heres why.

Ever car is different, I know that sounds passe, but it is true. If any part of the cage is placed just a fraction off, the rest of the fitment is off. And problems here multiply. And you just can't weld a bad fitting joint. Well, not properly.

I bend them to fit as tight ass possible. the reason pre bent cages don't fit as well is to allow some room for error and room to weld.

Notching good joints, and welding in confined and difficult positions is as hard IMO as the head scratching and bending tubing.

I don't have a jig. And do not really know how to go about making one. :redface:

I hear Ernie Mcdaniels in Florida has a nice prebent kit though. Stay away from that Summit crap.

Do you no how i can get a hold of Ernie Mcdaniels .Does he have a web site?

Thanks
Dennis

Photos are great and helpful, but one question. How did you do the dash bar or does it not have one? Thanks

not sure how i got my Ernie Mcdaniels bar or how you get ahold of him but alot of people here in Arizona run them. Nick Micale might know.

Thanks Brett, I tried to hide it as much as possible. You don't even notice it from the outside, from any angle. Looks like part of the body. Satin black helps.

Speaker holes retained, and visors still flip down.

And no loss of trunk space.

a1048.jpg

a1046.jpg

a1045.jpg

Trunk.

Ernie MacDaniels info

I did some checking since I will be needing a cage soon and found this:

Ernie Macdaniel Race Cars
Address: 5976 SW 43rd St, Davie, FL 33314

Phone: 954-791-9371

No website or email listed. Razor said he could be a little grumpy to deal with.

Also, check out

Chris Alston's Chassisworks, Inc. This website also has a pdf on how to measure for a custom roll cage if you would like them to fab one up for you.

HTH

Hey buddy, I was checking out some of the older forums and noticed the thread of your roll cage install..First wanted to say looks great thats a nice ass job..My question though is regarding your trunk I love the carpeted panels you have the finish off the trunk. I have been wanting to do somthing like that once I finish my Notch, Tub and Cage I love the clean look. Did you buy those carpeted trunk panels or make them? My trunk will be way diffrent then stock so I know I wont be able to buy them and have them fit when its done especialy after the wide Tubs and the way the fuel cell and floor will be installed but if this was somthing you made I'd love to know what type of material you used and what steps you took to make the formed fitting trunk panels. Please let me know if you dont mind letting me in on your tricks...I would deffinatly apprciate any help you could provide me