You can type here any text you want

Roller Cam Button

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtbraun

I am going to replace the stock spring button with a roller cam button as part of my timing chain project. The button comes with several shims. How do I determine if I need to shim and if so, how much? Thanks.

After pulling up your link, they sent me the wrong part. They sent me the thrust button. My bad - stupid question.

think you got the wrong button if you still have a stock cam. They have a spring roller button if your still running flat tappet. pm me if you want to go to the other style cam button might be willing to purchase that one if the price is right. Here is the one I think you need.
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ROLLER CAM BUTTON FOR BUICK

If you get this button dont you have to get a new shorter spring. The stock one is too long and this item doesnt come with the spring as in the picture.

there is no such thing as a shorter spring
you cant reuse the stock plastic tip cam thrust spring setup with the rollerized button

the adjustable rollerized cam button is used with roller cams and doesn't use a spring , it has a cup that gets driven into the end of the camshaft and its shimmed to spec using the provided shims to aprox .005 from the front cover,
some have used the std rollerized spring button with roller cams

if you have a flat tappet cam the button for it is a rollerized button that has a spring and the spring twists into the recess on the cam end , the rollerized spring button is from newer 3.8s

Back