You can type here any text you want

roller needed in Fl.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

I'm looking for a roller regal to scavenge the quarters off of in Florida. I don't care about the rest of the car, and I don't want to spend a ton. Anybody in Florida have too many 1981-1987 regals laying aroung cloging the driveway or yard?

I'm looking for a roller regal to scavenge the quarters off of in Florida. I don't care about the rest of the car, and I don't want to spend a ton. Anybody in Florida have too many 1981-1987 regals laying aroung cloging the driveway or yard?

Where are you located?

Ya. Where you at? I may have a line on a set of quarters in the Daytona area. The car was almost rust free but I'm thinking some bonehead bashed them in with the forklift. I'm looking at it again this weekend. I'll post back here if they are good and all you will need to do is whack them off with a sawzall.

I'm in SW Florida near Fort Myers. I don't mind taking a drive to Daytona if needed. Let me know if they are usable, especially the lower parts and the lip of the wheel well. The upper part of the quarters are not damaged on my car. Worst case scenario, I could use little pieces from a set of solid quarters to fix the rusted areas.

roller not needed

Ok, I don't need a roller anymore, but I do need a RUST FREE non damaged passenger side door. Anyone got a line on one in Florida? I also have a open diff, complete(drum to drum), from a 84 T-type that I would trade for the door or sell if anyone's interested.

My story

So as you know, I was once in the market for some quarters or a roller to replace my rusted T-type's body. I found a really nice, bare tub in New Port Richey and brought it home. I was a bare hard-top tub that someone was going to make a race car out of. Once I got it home, I put it in friend's storage space( I have some nice friends). I started to think that it would be alot easier to get a full roller because then I would only have to do a motor/tranny swap and my interior. I would keep the tub in case any of my cars or my friend's cars were ever in a accident. So I saw a roller on ebay for $900 and it was in Ga. just north of Atlanta. The guy said it was rust free. I even asked him to go out and check certain places on the car to be sure. I asked about he rocker panels and floor pans and the underside of the doors. He assured me that it was rust free. The price was right and it wasn't too far away, so I bought it. The interior was trashed and someone had backed into it messing up the driver's fender and door. The hood was also missing. I didn't care because all these things are good on my car. So my wife and I get in her Duramax diesel and start on this road trip. (My wife loves me very much.) We make the 600 mile trip up there and it was so cold, it was 25 degrees and the car was covered in frost. It was way too cold for us and we were not having a good time at this point. I starting looking at the car. It was a total piece of crap. The quarters and the rockers were good, the trunk lid was ok. Other than that, it was junk. The floor was rusted, but I didnt know how bad until I got t home. I was not really wanting to lay on the frozen ground to poke around at the floor pan when it was 25 degrees. I had to make a quick decision: I could leave and not take the car. I could have disputed the sale and got most of my $ back from ebay. I would have to wait for 2 months, and I would have been out the $500 it took to go up there and back and I would have nothing to show for it. The second option was to take the car and try to salvage what I could from the deal. That is what I decided to do.
When I got the car home, I found that the floors were rotted pretty bad. Some one had taken the good rear axle out of the car and replaced it with a non-desirable one, the the car had been modified by this company called Cars and Concepts. They had installed an aftermarket T-top roof that I would not be able to get seals for and that leaked causing major rust issues with the floor. This guy had left the car outside for 10 years , under a pine tree. The window sweeps were gone, and the water got down inside both doors and rotted them out.
The car had things I could use like, window trim, heater/ac box, dash and all the associated wiring and tubes, the trunk lid, and he gave me a decent driver's door. So really, now I only have to get a passenger door and start transfering parts from this piece of crap, to my awaiting tub. It's going to be alot of work. I hope to get it done within a year. I want to put the good tub together as much as possible, so I don't have that much down time when I make the switch to my chassis.
I will probably cut the quarters off the car I just bought and sell them to someone who needs them The are rust free and not dented. If anyone is interested, please contact me. I just thought some of my Floridians would get a chuckle out of this whole story. I'm trying to keep a good attitude and look at the humor in it. What else can I do.

Bummer

Reminds me of my 8+ hr round trip from Palm City, FL to Ocala for a similar deal.

86 GN with T Tops in good shape but sitting for 2-3 years... What a piece of crap... walked away from it within 10 minutes and drove the borrowed van and rented car hauler back home. Got a blow out on the way home too......... Hard lesson learned!

Back