You can type here any text you want

Roller Rocker ADJ.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Studmonkey

goin fast is $ well spent
Might sound dumb but. For adjustment on roller rocker, I understand highest point blah, blah, blah, but set to no lash then 180 degrees, half turn tigher? Thanks. Just want to be on the safe side.

Sounds about right if you use your car for street driving. At least 1/2 turn was what I used to use. I know other use 1/4.

I now set mine at zero lash plus about 1/8th turn. I DONT want the valves to stay slightly open at high rpm once the lifters pump up while racing. This is the first engine I've tried with hardly any preload and the valve train doesn't seem any noisier than when I had them at 1/2 turn.

Cool thanks. Just rebuilt parcially after wiping out a cam. Purchased 3 years ago less then 50 miles, finally got around to it.

Comp hydrolic, they came with cam from Jack 218/218

Just roller rockers.

They are probably the 853's which take normal pre-load but the 885's (please check me on these part numbers - not 100%positive) take almost no pre-load.

All it says on box from Jack is 869-12 Buick/Cadillac HYD lifters I can tell you that I wiped out the last cam in under 50 miles! Just want to be sure.

Called and talked to jack he told me 1/3 turn. Thanks everyone for the insight though.

Yeah that is what I did 1/3 of a turn. Set to zero lash, put the wrench at 6:00 and turned until about 10-11 o'clock.

Sounds about right if you use your car for street driving. At least 1/2 turn was what I used to use. I know other use 1/4.

I now set mine at zero lash plus about 1/8th turn. I DONT want the valves to stay slightly open at high rpm once the lifters pump up while racing. This is the first engine I've tried with hardly any preload and the valve train doesn't seem any noisier than when I had them at 1/2 turn.

I have my kenne bell roller rockers set the same way. zero lash then snug them down.

i used the half turn way and the motor would be upset around 5300 rpm. now it pulls to 5600 rpm with the stock cam.

Back