rookie needs help picking a fuel pump

The 340 is fine for a daily driven car. The xp and 340 are the same (just check the flow charts).

I just received my Racetronix 340 pump and hotwire kit yesterday. I'm very impressed with the quaility of the kit for $139. I've always ran a Red's XP pump and never had a problem, but couldn't pass on this deal. Either pump should work well for you.

I bought an '87. I've been upgrading steadily with all the bolt-ons including a (supposedly) 400 HP Poston supplied pump and then (finally) built the engine. Took it to Lebanon Raceway (NY) with Jack Cotton late last year and was getting no-where for the money invested (13.5); beat a couple of mustangs though. Anyway, I was looking through all the info everywhere like we all do and came across Red's info on his double pumper. His marketing info: "feeds 1,000 hp motors; all the pump you'll ever need!" This is the one item for any car I've ever owned that lives up to it's hype, and it comes with a new sending unit all for the price of a GM dealers sending unit alone. Which pump should you buy? Why guess at what you need or what you may need in the future. This is the one item in your GN that the money/cost factor should not even come into play.

My $0.02

Hi Red.

Originally posted by 87GN_70GS
The only difference between the 307 and 340 is the pressure relief spring. Get a 307 and shim the spring yourself, now you got a 340.

Wrong, the 340 has a more efficient motor armature so it draws less current than a 307 at the same operating pressure. We will not sell 307's to customers with FI motors period!

Originally posted by 1970gsx
I just received my Racetronix 340 pump and hotwire kit yesterday. I'm very impressed with the quaility of the kit for $139. I've always ran a Red's XP pump and never had a problem, but couldn't pass on this deal. Either pump should work well for you.

The Racetronix system is by far the most comprehensive on the market. Apart from the added bonus of battery nuts and a chassis ground upgrade other enhancements have been made to the hotwire harness to improve its performance and reliability. Anybody that has ever taken a look at our grounding system at the end of the harness will know what I am talking about. The harness incorporates redundant grounds for the tank which are all integrated into the harness and coupled directly to the chassis which are also shared with the factory ground (not shown in our older ad picture). Other vendors provide separate ground wires which must be screwed into the chassis etc. We have also added extra nylon looming to the back half to improve abrasion resistance and visual appeal. The systems come with all sorts of extra mounting hardware and plenty of extra wire ties, spare fuse, silicone grease, etc.

I should also add that the Racetronix harness connections are all crimped and soldered. All the competitors harnesses we have seen are just crimped.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

can i get a racetronix 340 without using paypal, i never liked personnal info through the computer?

Originally posted by 87grandnat
can i get a racetronix 340 without using paypal, i never liked personnal info through the computer?
i dont like giving personel info either but i payed through there web site and had no prob what so ever and very fast shipping i got it in like three days they do good bus.

There are no security issues with PayPal.
If you pay via CC you are protected by your CC's standard policies. Assuming you are diligent in keeping your computer free of viri e-commerce is very safe and secure.

Anderson Performance should have some fuel pump kits in stock if you do not want to use an e-commerce solution.