You can type here any text you want

Rotors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

I am looking for some new front rotors and I have found many brands. I am only looking for regular blanks no slotted or drilled and the prices between brands has me thinking. Acdelco $73, Raybestos $58, Wagner $54, AUTOSPECIALTY / KELSEY-HAYES $40, autozone/Duralast $50 and Autozone Value craft $26. I also have a parts store which sells another brand for $25. These are all regular solid blanks. What would be the difference between them? Autozone sell a $26 rotor while the Delco is 3 times the price? Would the cheaper one work just as good? Anyone have any experience or info an all these rotors?

You get what you pay for. The Autozone rotor is cheaper foreign made steel. For a daily driver that you`re not going to abuse it would be ok. If you plan on being agressive on braking, go with a namebrand.

Actually, most rotors are made out of the country. Look at the package and see where it's made. There really isn't much diff on them but don't get the drilled rotors. They're the weaker ones and will crack easily. The biggest problem is most of them are stored on edge so they warp while sitting. They should be stored on the flat. If you get them have the run out checked and find out for sure.

I would look where to see where they are made. I will buy rotors made in the US, Canada and (for my Toyoto) Japan.
I tried Chinese made rotors once and they wore out and warped well before the brake pads were worn out.

if the store has them in stock, ask if you can compare one of the expensive brands with their cheapest house brand..
i did that when i was getting the parts to put C4 Vette front brakes on my 71 Nova. a friend of mine worked the parts counter at a Chev dealer, and they had some stock replacement AC Delcos in stock for $75 his cost, but told me that the local NAPA had their no name rotors for $35 his cost. he ordered me the cheap parts, and within 15 minutes they were there. we pulled one out and set it next to one of the AC Delco parts- they were identical in every way, right down to the same casting numbers and the same part number stampings in the same places on both rotors.
and they were both made in Canada.
i bought the cheap parts so that they'd still have the Delcos in stock for some Vette owner that just had to have the proper factory parts for his car..
of course, this was back in the 2000-2001 time frame, so things may have changed. and it was 12" C4 Vette rotors and not G body rotors.

Back