You can type here any text you want

Rough Idle W/ TT chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADWE4T

I just bought my first Turbo regal and I notice whether hot or cold, it idles like it has a big cam in it but it doesn't, and as soon as you tip in the throttle, its fine, and also at cruising speeds it has a slight surge, other than that' its ok. I am also have check engine light that comes on for about 10 sec. then goes off, repeatedly? I am getting codes 35, 42, 51, 53, 55, 52? I am not sure if I am posting this in the right thread, but I was told that the TT chips eliminate all emissions controls? Any help would be greatly appreciated for this newbie, thanks. :confused:

Chris,
Get all the numbers off the label on the chip and email me, eric@turbotweak.com .

We can try and figure out what the chip was made for. Sounds like it might have the fast update code for the Scanmaster in there, which is not compatible with some other scantools.

If everything's working right, the idle should be smooth.

Regards,
Eric

That is what everyone says and I do not doubt it one bit , but I just bought this car from a kid who didnt know anything about these cars at all and im just wondering if he was messing with the ecm, I checked to see if the chip was installed correctly=no bent pins as such, and all looked ok. When i bought the car he told me he had just installed the chip. I'm not sure but something tells me he didnt disconnect power before installing it. Also I think he might have bought the chip from someone else, who had it in a different combo car. :confused: :mad:

Back