Rough running turbo buick

I am all for the hot wire kit because again it is plug and play but the warlboro pump is far from that!You can't install the pump by simply plugging the power back to the new pump plug and play are you sure??

Start to look thru the Racetronix parts and find out the terminal lock,single cavity connector,grounding clamp and even the supplied paper clip are not there!I'm almost starting to believe what my friends say"maybe five out of one hundred cars ever ran good."

When you do the pump/hotwire at the same time, like you are supposed to, it's plug and play... I think I got my hotwire kit thru Casper's Electronics... you can always call John Spina (owner) there and he will make sure EVERYTHING is absolutely plug and play... and fwiw, these cars are reliable as hell and run great... but they are not carbureted 70's technology.... there is a learning curve to understand how all electronics and efi components work and interact together... and that understanding is KEY to being able to tune/modify the car....

When you do the pump/hotwire at the same time, like you are supposed to, it's plug and play... I think I got my hotwire kit thru Casper's Electronics... you can always call John Spina (owner) there and he will make sure EVERYTHING is absolutely plug and play... and fwiw, these cars are reliable as hell and run great... but they are not carbureted 70's technology.... there is a learning curve to understand how all electronics and efi components work and interact together... and that understanding is KEY to being able to tune/modify the car....
That's why I purchased the Racetronix fuel pump system which includes Hotwire kit but again like I said you can not plug the stock pump harness to the new pump and that put a halt to the Hotwire kit.The turbo gods must be getting back at me because my other one never had a problem and drove that car HARD.It's hard to believe/learn from what I've read you may have to go thru 3,4,5,6 MAF's to get a good one??? and those are people with scanmasters!!Sorry just venting but just the MAF issue would make it tough to tune/modify.Don't you think?

Occasionally 2-3 remann'ed factory mafs is not unheard of.... that's why most people simply swap to the newer LT1/LS1 maf/maf translator combo... and then it's a non issue... I don't understand why you want to plug the factory connector to the new pump?? The hotwire kit plugs into the oem connector, and also the pump.... does it not? Mine does. I guess there are different ways to skin (hotwire) a cat?? apparently differences among the hotwire kits?? hmmm...

The Hotwire kit plugs to the connection outside the tank and the fuel pump connection inside the tank on the sending unit at least on mine does not match connections hence the infamous paperclip.That is where the plug and play issue comes into play.

Ok done venting back into action!! Friend of mine owns a auto repair shop Ron my buddy owns a 9 second Nova his first car"1967ss chevelle"Said he is not into the turbo cars much but luckily one of his mechanics nows a little bit.Called me back and he said he thinks it could be the stock fuel regulator.Seems to be a big thing from what I've read about the cars is change to a adj. regulator.Even if you are just driving not driving it hard or on the track?an occasional stab of the gas but nothing close to my former WH-1 that had many 1/4 mile runs and driven daily for three years.

FIXED FINALLY!!! You guys were as usual correct something simple and stupid.Was about to give up and just use the car to jump start other cars lol when my buddy former TR owner and OTC man called the other night and asked me did you look at the air cleaner in the stock closed box setup?I said when I first bought the car but not after the power loss.Told him how I had put my hand in front of the intake hole and there was a strong suction.He told me to check and I found a black plastic bag wrapped up inside!!!

FIXED FINALLY!!! You guys were as usual correct something simple and stupid.Was about to give up and just use the car to jump start other cars lol when my buddy former TR owner and OTC man called the other night and asked me did you look at the air cleaner in the stock closed box setup?I said when I first bought the car but not after the power loss.Told him how I had put my hand in front of the intake hole and there was a strong suction.He told me to check and I found a black plastic bag wrapped up inside!!!

Glad to hear it ;)

See? You have to be careful with these cars since they will suck up anything in their path ... dirt, leaves, bags, foreign cars ... etc. I once found a Honda Civic stuck to my K&N and boy was that driver p.o'd.

Again thank you everyone for the help in this rough running Buick adventure.The car is back to normal now.Probably go with a nine inch K&N instead of the stock setup if that.Still can't see how that plastic bag came up into the radiator support and thru that small opening?

Just cause it's running good now doesn't mean you should forget the hotwire and scanmaster....they will help to keep it running good ;)

I just want to say GREAT THREAD I was having problems with my GN running rough and stalling and started reading threads since yesterday after work and Finally found the problem with my Gn. It was the MAF, I unplugged it and the car was running sooooo smooth I was delighted. On a side note....I purchase this car couple of months ago and the car was ok, the previous owner replaced o2 sensors, water pump and a bunch of sensors including the MAF sensor. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO.........TURBOBUICK.COM ROCKS