You can type here any text you want

Roush Mustang??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Doesn't matter too much how wide they are, if they are low profile (short sidewall) that will impair his traction at launch.

The benefit of the low profile tires is they let the driver feel the way the suspension is translating through the corners a lot better....the draw back is that when you reach their limit... they loose traction quickly and without much warning in the corners so you go from sticking to spinning in an instant, and when launching hard, they blow up pretty fast.

A taller sidewall is going to let the tire conform and flex a lot more so for the purposes of launching traction, a tall sidewall is a good thing...but in the corners...it will have a softer feel which is not desireable other than you can feel it reaching it's limit long before it actually lets go..it's what makes the rubber howl as you corner too fast on a tall sidewall tire....it's hollering at you to slow that brick down or else....

I have a guy who lives down the street from me who does the exact same thing with the exact same car.

White with DR's on it.

He walked down the street a few weeks ago, checked out my car and got pretty quiet but when my roomate said it went into the 10's pretty regularly he sort of rolled his eyes.

I'm waiting for my chance, too........ evil grin.png

Hey Chicken! We miss you regaling us with your wonderful kill stories........

Get the coup back together when you can!

Hey Chicken! We miss you regaling us with your wonderful kill stories........

Get the coup back together when you can![/QUOTE]

X2 :D

Nope....haven't had the time.....haven't had the cash to fix anything (property tax was due on Monday) and my left thumb has been all jacked up for several days....

I'll actually be fixing my Camaro first cuz I can do that pretty easily, then I'll likely sell it and use some of the proceeds to get the GN on the road again...

To figure out the year you gotta figure out which body style it is. Your looking at a three generation range. theirs the newest ones which look pretty good, the second newest which was when they completely changed the styling, and then theirs the 2001 era. All can pack a punch but u said a kid drives it and I dont know if roush's come in manual but that is definitly in your favor...if its got power race him when its cold. If he gets all worked up hell just keep breaking loose.

To figure out the year you gotta figure out which body style it is. Your looking at a three generation range. theirs the newest ones which look pretty good, the second newest which was when they completely changed the styling, and then theirs the 2001 era. All can pack a punch but u said a kid drives it and I dont know if roush's come in manual but that is definitly in your favor...if its got power race him when its cold. If he gets all worked up hell just keep breaking loose.
I'm about 95% sure it's a 2001 because in my internet searches, that's the only year that had "Roush" emblems over the square exhaust tips (which this one has). I also think that 2001 was the first year. It's a manual tranny because he blares those loud mufflers between each shift.
I'm still waiting on my fuel pump from Red.

Back