rpm/load specific tap?

next_level

soon as i start the car i get a slight tap (sounds like lifter or exhaust)
under a little bit of load and up until about 2800rpm i get the tap, once im up to speed and just barely touching the gas to keep the car moving i get nothing, if i stomp on it i get nothing, i put the car in nuetral and rev it i get nothing...
was thinking it was an exhaust leak but i cant figure out why it would only be under load, unless the motor is twisting just enough to open the leak up more....
i dunno...

cam/crank sensor was supposed to be done in the past 2 years, could it still be going bad?(cant prove it)
motor should have around 40000 on rebuild (cant prove it)

Can't help you with your car problem.....But good to see your still alive! I have been waiting for you to get back to me on the tires and rims! Are you going to call me back sometime soon?:confused:

Exhaust leak before the turbo (manifolds) would get louder with more load. Could be mains. My car wiped the mains and I would get a slight knock when the engine was "in between" acceleration and deceleration. In other words no load.

Originally posted by gold69charger
Can't help you with your car problem.....But good to see your still alive! I have been waiting for you to get back to me on the tires and rims! Are you going to call me back sometime soon?:confused:

sorry man...i havent had a phone i ran it over....but the rims sold
sorry

Originally posted by BlackBandit
Exhaust leak before the turbo (manifolds) would get louder with more load. Could be mains. My car wiped the mains and I would get a slight knock when the engine was "in between" acceleration and deceleration. In other words no load.

motor is supposed to have around 40-60k on the rebuild....the previous owner had the headers welded up...i dont hear it very much in nuetral/park when i rev the motor i hear it slightly for a split second....

could the lifter(s) be getting weak and bleeding down at low rpm but pumping back up when i get the rpms up..but i dont think that would change based on load...

i really dont wanna believe it's an internal engine problem because of all the stuff the dude i bought it from told me...but then again....i cant prove none of the stuff