rpo sticker

bosted86

when my brother passed he left me his 1986 gn(i think) but the rpo sticker is not on the trunk lid. i wanna make sure it is not a clone. dont know if the deck lid was replaced or what. is there another way to find out if it is a real gn?i heard sometimes there is a sheet under the carpet or in the door panels. everything appears to be real down to the correct lugs on the wheels. also is there a way to get another rpo? does someone make them?

hey bosted86,

if you take off the drivers side door panel (lower portion) there is a build sheet inside. it contains similar information to the rpo sticker on the deck lid. hope that helps you out.
jon

Check the VIN and check the codes on the cowl tag. A legit GN will have the specific trim codes on the cowl tag. Missing cowl tag? That should throw up some red flags as to why all of this information was taken off the car. If the interior was swapped out than all of the build sheets will be missing too.

is that the body tag below the winshield under the hood? if so, what codes am i looking for? :confused: