You can type here any text you want

RR body bushings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
how hard is is to replace all the body bushings i just finished doing all suspension bushings and i noticed my body bushing are shot and some are even missing:mad: if any one has done the replacement and can give some pointers it would be apriciated

If you do a search on "body bushings" or "body mounts" you'll get a ton of hit's as it's been gone over again and again here.

Alternatively you can go here and under the "Body" section there are two write-up's named "Installing Body Mounts" and "Installing Body Mounts II" interestingly enough.

MorBiD

how hard is is to replace all the body bushings i just finished doing all suspension bushings and i noticed my body bushing are shot and some are even missing:mad: if any one has done the replacement and can give some pointers it would be apriciated

It can be a challenge! The easiest way to do it is to simply raise the body off the frame about six inches using floor jacks, lumber and jack stands. Once the body is up, there is enough clearance to replace them. As far as alignment, I slowly lowered the car until I could get one of the rear mounts in. Once the rear corner was connected I connected the opposite radiator support and then the opposite back corner and back to the front radiator. From there just go back and forth side to side until all the bolts are started. There was a specific torquing order and if I remember correctly the bolts should be torqued to 51 lb ft when done.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Back