You can type here any text you want

Rubber mat(AIR Flow)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Hi on my car, it has parts of rubber on each side of the grill, and all the way across the bottom of the car, it is there to direct air, but im about to install a FMIC, do i do away with all the rubber mat stuff?

I believe your talking about the stock intercooler shroud. It will have to be removed before the intercooler is. Unscrew it from the intercooler then pull it out if you have frame braces like I do the front end of the car will have to be in the air to pull it out from underneath. If that's not what your talking about post a pic because I'm not real sure.

Yes...on a front mount use the rubber pieces....you will need to cut holes in the rubber for the pipes...but anything you can do to box in the intercooler to get more air the better it will be...for my front mount though I flipped the piece that attached to the grill...if you mount it normally the rubber will block the bottom half of the intercooler...since I did that the rubber piece wasn't long enough...so I took an aluminum strip 1/8"thick x 3" wide...mounted that to the rad support then attached the rubber piece to the strip...you can also just get some new rubber from this place:

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.

...they have big pieces...just use the stock pieces as a template...cut the one goes from grill to rad support longer...the material is the exact same as the OEM stuff...rubber imbedded with fiber...can't tear the stuff...

Yes...on a front mount use the rubber pieces....you will need to cut holes in the rubber for the pipes...but anything you can do to box in the intercooler to get more air the better it will be...for my front mount though I flipped the piece that attached to the grill...if you mount it normally the rubber will block the bottom half of the intercooler...since I did that the rubber piece wasn't long enough...so I took an aluminum strip 1/8"thick x 3" wide...mounted that to the rad support then attached the rubber piece to the strip...you can also just get some new rubber from this place:

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.

...they have big pieces...just use the stock pieces as a template...cut the one goes from grill to rad support longer...the material is the exact same as the OEM stuff...rubber imbedded with fiber...can't tear the stuff...
Thx, im put it back on after cutting, but the part on the grille, i didnt change, should i?

Only change what you need to...to get it to fit properly once the IC is in place. You should only need to cut holes for the pipes.

I believe your talking about the stock intercooler shroud. It will have to be removed before the intercooler is. Unscrew it from the intercooler then pull it out if you have frame braces like I do the front end of the car will have to be in the air to pull it out from underneath. If that's not what your talking about post a pic because I'm not real sure.

He's talking about the stock cooling shroud IN FRONT of the radiator.

He's talking about the stock cooling shroud IN FRONT of the radiator.

Yeah I wasn't sure what he was asking about so I went and looked at my car and I don't have this. Mine was a hot air at one point should it still have this stuff?

Back