You can type here any text you want

running amp(s) wiht a stock radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaper

Pit Bitch
since my nice head unit was stolen and i dont like the idea of my car being more of a target then it already is. i put a stock unit back in. now it sounds like ass, would it improve the sound if i used an amp or 2.

my set up is infinity kappa's in the dash crystal 5.25" in the door and crystal 6x9s in the rear deck, i have a set of infinity componets in kick pods i would like to install also i have a few amps i can use also...

thanks.

Aboslutely! You have good speakers, more power will make it louder and cleaner. However, sometimes engine noise is a problem when amplifying a stock radio.

i am no pedofile errrrrr... audiophile i mean. so i will not even notice it most likely

thanks

Sounds like all you need is a nice 4 channel amp and two line-level-adaptors to turn the speaker leads out of the radio into RCA cables.Available at any local stereo shop---heck i bet even autozone or any auto parts store has them.Very easy to hook up.

Geoff

Very easy to hook up.
Yes, but also very susceptible to noise because of the balancing inductors. I think some of the cheaper ones don't have them so those may be O.K. I've had the best luck extending all four speaker pairs (the backs are already in the trunk obviously) right to the amp and them put the line output convertors close to the amp. There is little EMR in the trunk. Because the signal is BEFORE the amp it must be 100% clean.

U can get a converter to hook up an amp, or a amp which has high level inputs........ but in my mind you are puting good money to bad. U can pick up a couple year old good head on ebay fairly cheap.

Back