Running Rough

Lobsterbak

need more money
Hi Guys,

MY 87 GN has been running rough lately, all numbers on my TurboLink checked out normal, but the ECM was throwing Code 34. I replaced the MAF sensor with an AC Delco unit, and the car ran great until it warmed up.

The check engine light is back on again, throwing Code 34 Bad MAF/MAP. Is it possible that the MAP sensor (original to the car as far as I know) is bad? What kind of symptoms would this cause?

Car seems to idle fine, but falls on it's face when you push the throttle...it has 43psi of fuel pressure at idle with the vac. line off and is backfiring through the intake which I know is a sign of a lean condition...but there's tons of fuel coming out of the tailpipes. All vac. lines are run correctly, and are in good shape. Any ideas?

Hi Guys,

MY 87 GN has been running rough lately, all numbers on my TurboLink checked out normal, but the ECM was throwing Code 34. I replaced the MAF sensor with an AC Delco unit, and the car ran great until it warmed up.

The check engine light is back on again, throwing Code 34 Bad MAF/MAP. Is it possible that the MAP sensor (original to the car as far as I know) is bad? What kind of symptoms would this cause?

Car seems to idle fine, but falls on it's face when you push the throttle...it has 43psi of fuel pressure at idle with the vac. line off and is backfiring through the intake which I know is a sign of a lean condition...but there's tons of fuel coming out of the tailpipes. All vac. lines are run correctly, and are in good shape. Any ideas?
did you reset computer when you changed it. also it depends where and what you buy to replace they have to be calibrated for our cars. gm is the way to go . and yes falling on its face is one of the signs

Yes, we unhooked the computer for a good 20 minutes or so...like I said, ran awesome for about 5 minutes, then went back to her old ways :rolleyes:

wow...what junk yard are you using? Mine said 50 bucks for the Camaro I just traded you :eek:

Ok, I just replaced my MAP sensor, cleared the computer and the car ran great again until it warmed up. Is it possible this is a temperature sensor issue? Or a faulty ECM?