You can type here any text you want

RUNNING THRASHER W/O MAT plugged in??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

What are the effects of this on calibration? I use the MAT wiring for boost sensing on Turbolink. What happens to the chip calibration? Thanks for the input.

Thanks to RAZOR for pointing this out.

paul

My car wouldn't even start with the TurboLink boost sensing harness. I was going to send it back, but I managed to sell the MAP for enough to not lose any money on it, so I tossed it in a box somewhere.

I do run the Thrasher though. Disconnecting the MAT turns on the check engine light, but it doesn't do anything else. Computer supposedly only uses that sensor to get the car running when its cold.

In the Thrasher, the stock table correction the MAF reading based on air temp is still used. The stock MAF is calibrated for 20deg C and the table alters it quite a bit at low flow and low temperatures. Without out it the BLMs have to swing around a lot more. Its less of a change at higher temps. This is why the sensor is right near the MAF.

If you have a Translator that table is still doing its thing and should be zeroed out if you are talking to your chip maker.

For example at 32 g/s, the stock table removes 9% of flow when cold and adds 23% when hot.

Ok, so what happens to the calibration when I run my 92 thrasher with the boost sensing harness (no MAT)?? Does the engine run worse?

Do I need a special chip burnt for no MAT?

PAUL

I guess your chip is making MAF corrections based on what it thinks is temperature. Basically you are going from cold to hot and back all the time. Zeroing out the table would make sense. But if your car runs fine I guess the ECM can cope.

Back