You can type here any text you want

rust rust rust!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datquick6

i had seen that there was rust on the passenger floor..but never pulled the carpet...
finally got to work on the carpet so i stripped everything..weeeellll!!! its worse than i though... there is about 2 quarter size holes in the floor one is a bit larger...
took the car out and pulled it to the driveway. my driveway is pretty steep!!!
so just as i was gna start flaking of the surface rust i noticed a leak..
there was luquid drpping just in back of the radio slightly to the passenger...obviously this is what caused the rust..the driver side had no rust and the passenger side was terrible..bought the por15 starter kit but dont know to what extent of rust would i still be reccomended to apply..

so my q is where would the liquid be coming from??? i collected a small sample and it looked a bit greenish( antifreeze maybe) so could it be AC related..

and should i still aplly por 15 or get a new floor board..( obviously i will post pics so wait 4 them...
will post pics later tonight

i had seen that there was rust on the passenger floor..but never pulled the carpet...
finally got to work on the carpet so i stripped everything..weeeellll!!! its worse than i though... there is about 2 quarter size holes in the floor one is a bit larger...
took the car out and pulled it to the driveway. my driveway is pretty steep!!!
so just as i was gna start flaking of the surface rust i noticed a leak..
there was luquid drpping just in back of the radio slightly to the passenger...obviously this is what caused the rust..the driver side had no rust and the passenger side was terrible..bought the por15 starter kit but dont know to what extent of rust would i still be reccomended to apply..

so my q is where would the liquid be coming from??? i collected a small sample and it looked a bit greenish( antifreeze maybe) so could it be AC related..

and should i still aplly por 15 or get a new floor board..( obviously i will post pics so wait 4 them...
will post pics later tonight

Repair any holes you have and then por15 it

Sounds like heater core if it is by the radio pass side. You should be able to tell by the slimey oil like feel of the liquid when you touch it. Rockauto.com is probably the cheapest for the heater core. I actually had body seems that were leaking on the driver's side front and rear window of my car. I didn't take many pics of before but here is after I fixed everything. I wound up doing one patch on the driver's side rear pan. I used master series paint. Oh, I also cheated and used a rotisserie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg