You can type here any text you want

s-10 rear brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
WHEW you want lots of info....some pad or shoe materials want heat or they will not work well,these type of brakes where popular on taxies and polices cars about 30 years ago ,not sure what is being used today besides metalic pads...the summit calipers have a 2.75 inch piston while the stock GN piston has a 2.50 piston which when used with a good set of new raybestos vented DISCS or not vented (mine are vented) will add more pad pressure to the disc ...yes i do believe that you will put more heat into the disc as mine are dark in color and if the discs were not new and had been turned a couple of times i am sure i would have warped them .......the added braking in the front has balanced out well with the big wheel cylinders in the rear ....no more locking of the rear wheels in hard braking .....I use ceramic pads which are dustless ,i do no want to dirty custom wheels.. MY EXPERIENCE DO NOT USE CHINESE DRUM AND DISCS THEY WARP EASELY

TURBO NASTY IS RIGHT ,,,,But if you also add bigger front calipers.(bigger pistons) problem of rear brakes locking will disappear...I used US BRAKES sold at summit..was 89.00 dollars a caliper

With this combo of bigger calipers and S10 back cylinders, does the brake pedal go noticeably further down?

Mel

87 GN TTop, stock turbo and intercoller, SMC alky, basic receipt, 13.22, 105. TA49 coming soon.

I'm going to have to try those calipers. I'm still in the build stage, rear has new S10 cylinders but have not been used yet. I was going to replace the calipers anyway.

supporting vendor

turns out one of the supporting vendors gbody is selling the front calipers with the 2.75 bore.

Back