You can type here any text you want

S10 calipers/15' Welds?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

Anyone running the S10 blazer twin piston brake setup with 15' wheels? I'm debating a set of Weld draglites as an alternate set of wheels and wonder if they'll clear my brakes. I'm currently running 17's so it's quite the downsize. Thanks!:)

Well they came with 15's David so you may need to get the wheels and do a test fit on them. I think there's some wheels that won't fit properly though.

Yeah I was'nt sure what the later model S10 Blazer rim size was. I have a friend that may loan me a weld for test fit. That would truely stink to buy some and then not fit.:frown:

This is a set of Westerns I test fitted for my rears and you can see how close it is.

Attachments

• wheel clearance.jpg
    wheel clearance.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 269
2004 S10 CHEVY TRAIL BLAZER FRONT BRAKES on 15"

yes they fit 15'' rims with no problems what so ever everything just bolts right up even the brake lines. i got them in a junk yard for $100.00. they came off a S-10 everything was good but i changed the rotor and pads
I just installed them and still breaking them in but they work alot!:eek: better than my stock ones. it took me about 3 hours to do well worth it
here are so pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 260
The backs of my Draglites rubbed the caliper brackets. Some time with a grinder solved it, but it was a hassle.

I thought the dual piston calipers required the S10 extreme spindle too?
i think the Exteme used the same smaller brakes as every g body ever built- i've only ever heard of anyone getting the spindles with the multi piston calipers from the later 4 door 2wd Blazers.

Not all 15's will clear this mod. Most will but I've had a few different issues. As stated above, a grinder does the trick for the most part. One particular set of Craiger ProStar look a likes wound not work without a spacer though.

Back