You can type here any text you want

S10-SS with Smallblock!..Oh boy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Junior Samples

Walk Away
Yeah he was fast, He was loud, He was bent on showing me what was up.

He was bummed when I hit 2nd gear:rolleyes:

I bet he thought he was a real bad ass driving around with the v8 and loud mufflers till you showed him your tail lights!!!:biggrin:

Ive done a v8 conversion into an S10 a long time ago back before they made kits...pain in the rear but it hauled azz when it was done.

it sounded good but im willing to bet he didnt have a lick of traction..i couldnt tell due to me being infront, but not my issue if he hasent resolved his.

It doesn't come as a surprise. Most run-of-the-mill converted S-10's I've seen run 14's, maybe 13's on a good day. Not only because of traction issues but because in some cases the swaps were done cheap by some shadetree mechanic...meaning they used a tired 350 out of a 1975 Chevy car/truck/van....just stuck it in there and hooked it up and called it a day....and using whatever means needed to secure it, be it bailing wire or zip ties.

Only a handful of converted S-10's that I've seen can actually run 12's or better and still be streetable. I had one a few years ago that ran 13.5's in the 1/4 at 101 mph that was a pure street truck. But I've found better things since then.

just stuck it in there and hooked it up and called it a day....and using whatever means needed to secure it, be it bailing wire or zip ties.

Or JB welded a chain to the frame. We just get spoiled with TB's.. a few mods, good tune and you skip the 13's all together, few more mods and pushing 11's while the others are poking... My bud had about 12K into a BBC nickle and diming him to death.. best time was 12 somthin:rolleyes:

Funny you mention that...seen one where they tack welded the motor mounts directly to the frame (instead of using the correct swap mounts), and a good engine lunge would always break the left side motor mount where it was welded on. Wow 12k in a bbc only doing 12's? :eek: I had $3500 in my last bbc (396), I was running mid 13's in a 3600 lb Chevelle.

Or JB welded a chain to the frame. We just get spoiled with TB's.. a few mods, good tune and you skip the 13's all together, few more mods and pushing 11's while the others are poking... My bud had about 12K into a BBC nickle and diming him to death.. best time was 12 somthin:rolleyes:

That's hilarious, but soo true. We are very spoiled. I thought I was going to HATE fuel injection, especially coupled to a turbo, which I used to hate as well. Now...not so much. :biggrin:

Back